1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/11/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2005.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

what is that a voodoo doll? thats some weird ****..LOL

2. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

no, its only on nba league pass. http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/
    anyway, this will be a hard game to win, but I have a feeling we're gonna win for some reason. Lets see what James can do defensively against Nash. Last time we played them, we didn't have the chemistry we have now. T-Mac's in a rhythm right now, and hopefully last game raised Yao's spirits a bit and he'll come out in a big way. Rockets 110, Suns 109

3. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

As usual, Rockets trail by a dozen at the end of 1st quater. Then they climb inch by inch out of the big hole and tie the game with 1 minute left in the fourth quater. Then Rockets score the next 5 points and win!

Rockets 104
    Suns 99

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I'm glad my Spring Break starts tomorrow, so I'll be in town just in time to catch the game. It really sucks going from years of seeing the majority of the games to just a few well spaced out.:(

Suns goin' down. Sura is gonna kick some ass.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

After seeing SA play the Suns close w/o Manu or TD. The Suns can be beat, cut off the head and the body will fall, stop Steve Nash from creating. He was going amok feeding the ball to Amare in the SA game, Rox need to smother him. A key stat for us will be steals, if we come up with a lot of steals, it will be an indication of smothering Nash.

#85 tiger0330, Mar 11, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  6. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Copy from a Suns board:

Link

Suns were 28-4 when they went to Houston
    Houston was 16-16.

Suns are now 47-14
    Houston is now 35-25

Houston Stats.

Games played since last Meeting : 28 (19-9)

Teams Houston Beat :

Denver, Dallas, New Jersey, San Antonio, Orlando, New York, Orlando, New Orleans, Boston, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Lakers, Chicago, Indiana, Portland, Washington, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle.

Teams Houston Lost to :

Lakers, Memphis, Indiana, Sacramento, Miami, Seattle, San Antonio, Utah, Washington

Houston's Average Score
    For 97.9
    Against 93.5
    Differential 4.4

Average Winning % of teams they beat (as of 3-10-05)

Average Winning % of teams they lost to (as of 3-10-05)

Suns Stats.

Games played since last meeting : 29 (19-10)

Teams Phoenix Beat :

Clippers, Indiana, Miami, NJ, NY, Milwaukee, Boston, Toronto, Minnesota, NY, Sacramento, Golden State, Utah, Clippers, Dallas, Detroit, Portland, Seattle, San Antonio

Teams Phoenix Lost To :

Utah, Indiana, Washington, Detroit, Memphis, San Antonio, Memphis, Seattle, Dallas, Boston

Phoenix's Average Score
    For 112.2
    Against 107.5
    Differential 4.7

Average Winning % of teams they beat (as of 3-10-05)

Average Winning % of teams they lost to (as of 3-10-05)

Statistically Speaking, the Rockets are doing just a tad better than the Suns since they last met. Forgetting that the suns went 3 and a half games without Nash, I'd say it's a pretty even matchup Friday night.

However, I'm a suns fan and I have a gut feeling (and an 8 ball) that the suns will pull this one out.

Suns by 5. (112-107)

7. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Yes, Juwon will have his hands full with the Matrix cuz he plays out of position like Amare. We'll need to give him a lot of help.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Rooooooooooooooooooooooocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Man

Man Contributing Member

that is one good fan..:) i like him or her

10. fa7999

fa7999 Member

The Rockets are 19-9 since we played the Suns at home (including that game).

The Suns are 19-10 since they played the Rockets last time.

That's fairly comparable results and it just shows how good the Rockets have been since then.

11. fa7999

fa7999 Member

We also went 7 games without Sura. With Bobby, we might have won at least 2 of those games: at home against Seattle and on the road against Wizard.

12. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

Sura is not as good as nash though...but i think I see your point

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This game is on ESPN right?

mark

14. fya

fya Member

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It's great to be back in the mix.....this game is gonna be very tense if we can hang with em,...maybe JVG can stick his foot out once in a while and trip somebody on the fast break...,..

at the least, this is a great speed vs pounding it down for a play off preview for the league really when ya think about it...just don't wanna get blown out....keep it close and see if we can steal one..hi seattle....6 points...ha ha...

16. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

I hope Yao remembers what Mike D'Antoni said about his all-star appearance and goes off for a big game...

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

no, only on LP.

18. adai

adai Member

Yao can defend Amare very well. Amare's career FG% against Yao is miserably 34%. Let Amare shoot more. :)
    Yao needs to avoid foul trouble though. The key for rockets is how to hold off Marion and Sun's outside 3pt shooting.
    Sura's return will help on these long rebounds when Suns shooting is off.
    Parker almost killed Suns singlehandedly. In the same way, Rockets should keep attacking Nash on offense
    and go to Yao inside alternatively to take advantage of the size mismatch.
    Finally smart basketball wins small/fast basketball.
    Rox 100, Suns 99

19. droxford

droxford Member

Well...

I've predicited every win/loss for the Rockets this month so far, and for tonight's game I predict: WIN

With Sura's fire, and with Mike James backing him up, we will dish the Suns a loss in their own house.

-- droxford

20. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

Rockets 101
    Suns 110

Close game until the end.