1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

for fun: whats the first rockets game you ever went to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cuneo77, Mar 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

first game at who won?

mine was last game of the 1991 season, we beat the nuggets

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

2002 against Utah, in SLC. We blew utah out by 20 something and Steve Francis murdered John Stockton + Mark Jackson.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

1981 finals vs Boston Game 4....Rudy T, Calvin, Moses...we tied it up 2-2 that game

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Was about 1973. As you can imagine, I don't recall who we played.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You know I doubt I'm the only one here but I might be the only one to admit it.

I've never attended a Rockets game. The only time I ever went to the Summitt was to see a WWF match and I've never set foot in the Toyota Center.

The only NBA game I've seen was Sixers/Magic last year at the F.U. Center, Sixers won.

6. Rook

Rook New Member

1993, Bucks were at the Summit. Houston won by 6 (Hakeem with a baseline jumper with 26 seconds left). Scotty Brooks was man of the match

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I was like 7... 1979 maybe...

my dad got buy 1 get one free tickets - I remember 2 games that season (don't knwo which one was first)

Kansas City Kings - Sunday afternoon with special appearance by the San Diego Chicken

San Antonio Spurs - George Gervin special

... we won one and lost one - that was 25 years ago, so I can't remember much

Billy Paulz (aka the Whopper) was still on the team (with Rudy T!)

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

F.U.? Great name! Philly is indeed the town of Brotherly Love...

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Dec 5, 2000. Steve single handedly took the Rockets to a victory over the Mavs. That was the only time I saw Hakeem in real person.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't remember. I think we were playing Phoenix though.

11. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Hoffeinz Pavillion, 1974, can't remember against who.

I remember throwing a tantrum at the age of six - during the famous 76-77 season -- when my mom and dad made me choose between a wednesday night game against Chicago and a thursday night game against the bullets. I think i have that right - it was a weekday back-to-back and they thought I was too addicted to the Rockets. (Like a six-year old is independantly capable of cultivating his own addiction to attending home games of a pro basketball team. Oh, sorry, it's my buddies at school who are setting me up with tickets and transportation?)

I only missed three home games that year. The season ended in massive, massive heartbreak - a sold-out Summit chanting in unison 'pro-TEST, pro-TEST' about Jake o'Donnell's offensive foul call in favor of Doug Collins, Game 6 vs. Philly in the Eastern Conference finals. What a flop. It ended the series. O'Donnell was from Philly, no less.

PS Moses Malone rules.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I don't remember. It was at the CC, and I believe we beat the Bulls or something by like 30pts.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i don't remember...but probably about 83 or 84 with my dad. good question...i'll ask him and see if he remembers.

my oldest son's very first pro sporting event was a Rockets/Lakers game. Kobe never missed (or at least it seemed that way). and he couldn't understand why the woman next to us was "rooting for the bad guys."

14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Spring 1985- Sonics @ Rockets regular season game. Rockets won, but too young to remember the score. This was the Tom Chambers Sonics at the time.

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

1981 Moses Malone vs. Kareem with some kid named Johnson taking on Calvin Murphy. I remember my dad who played basketball in college in Taiwan was really excited but other than that I don't remember much about the game than what my dad told me later and that I thought the Lakers uniforms looked like something out of a circus.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

1982 TrailBlazers@ Rockets. I know we won, can't remember by how much- Then the next few years I saw some crapfests vs. the Washington Bullets (pwned by Jeff Ruland -- :eek: , and some SD Clippers games, at least one of which the Rox lost :eek:)

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

2004 NYC, first game for Marbury on the knicks. They got killed by us and it was also where the "Fire Chaney" chants started. Moochie played a pretty good game and got some threes, when they were down by 20 in the 4th.

18. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

It was the end of 83-84 season at the Summit.

The thing I remember most was the lady at the ticket counter. My dad requests two tickets. She asks us if we have a coupon. My dad replies No. She sticks a piece of paper out and asks again if we have a coupon. My dad again says no. The lady looks around suspiciously and asks again if we have a coupon. I grab the piece of paper from her hand. It was a buy one get one free coupon. We buy some of the elgible tickets and ask where the seats are. She says, "Don't worry about that you will be able to sit anywhere you want," and she was right. The place was empty. She probably thought we were the dumbest people on the planet. Can't even buy a free ticket.

I do not remember who won, but the Rockets were tanking the season to get Hakeem, so I am guessing they lost.

19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I don't remember my first Rockets game but my first (I think) basketball game was a charity game with the Houston Oilers.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

First Union Center:D