1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is James a good fit for this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

choujie, how is 10-22 NOT HOT??

one more shot made and he's shooting %50

you do the math
    :confused:

its that simple

2. choujie

choujie Member

That's what I said you need to learn how to read first.

I responed to the person who said that first. And I responed to you when you started calling "ass","WTF" etc.

Read all the posts again.

3. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

If you consider Mike James a bad fit go start moochie in Nba Live because Mike James is going to push us over the top when it comes to playoff time and we are healthy. I cant believe some people are dissing this guy bc of 3 losses in 4 games but no one complained with the 30 pt. blow out. Oh and by the way he is shooting lights out go look at the stats and I will continue to jump on the Mike James bandwagon.

4. choujie

choujie Member

Last time I checked, 10 for 22 is 45.5%. If that is considered "hot", then I don't even know what to call Yao's season average of 55%.

5. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Who did you want shooting more Yao Ming so he could continue in his slump last night or david wesley maybe he woulda bricked a couple more shots. Or he should of dumed it into howard he woulda missed. give me a break you YOF.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You know, I've been watching the Rockets since the late 70's. Back then, all you had were letters to the sports editor which eventually gave way to sports talk and finally the radio. In all the years I've been listening to fans, I have NEVER seen people complain about great performances by an individual player BECAUSE of the perceived detriment to another player's game.

I can understand the complaints when a player shot 4 for 30 or had 10 turnovers. I can understand if you have one guy in double digits with 30 and the rest of the team under 10 and we lose. But, I cannot possibly fathom any reason to complain about Mike James for his performances OTHER THAN because it means your favorite player (in this case, Yao) is perceived to be suffering because of James' performance.

Funny, but I'm almost longing for the days when posters seemed desperate to fill the lineup with all stars at every position. Now, any trade that we make is not only judged by how it improves our overall talent but, by some, how many shots it may or may not take away from Yao.

Ridiculous.

7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

james played well last night and yao did not, therefore it's james' fault we lost.
    nice logic you clueless wonders :eek:

8. choujie

choujie Member

Can I say Tmac? Are you going to label me TOF? Is there a rule saying Yao can't make 10 in a row after 3 for 9? Based on history, 4 for 5 is more likely to happen than 1for 4 after 3 for 9 by Yao.

Anyway,It's not about who shot the ball last night. It's about the way James has been playing since he came here. I saw Sura sacrificed his good shot for a better shot and I was impressed, and I don't see that too many from James.

Why do you people always so sensitive when Yao is brought into the topic? Isn't it a good thing for Rockets that Yao gets more touches? I certainly like to see Yao gets more touches, but not at the expense of Rockets losing and I believe it's a good thing for Rockets if Yao shoots more. Why is that so hard to understand?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Texas Stoke, you are missing the point - all players 7-4 or below should stop shooting when they start shooting well so as to not ruin their percentages. Soon we will just pass the ball around for 24 seconds each tiime down the court- friendship first, competition second.

10. choujie

choujie Member

Jeff, please be fair. I never said Yao had a terrible game because of James. I'll be the first one to admit Yao sucked big time. But this thread title is "is James a good fit for this team?" I said yes, but not as a starting PG. I have complained about Sura not feeding the post enough, but I never questioned Sura is the best PG for this team.

There was a poll "Sura or Barry" a while ago, everybody know Barry gets the ball to Yao much better than Sura, and I posted in that thread I'd go with Sura. Why? Because I saw he ran the team better.

Can people be more objective, think of " is it truely good for Rockets" instead of" this is YOF opinion so it's no good" ? Please take off the color glasses.

11. Charvo

Charvo Member

Skill-wise, I think Mike James may be 2nd on the team. TMac is the most skilled. Fortunately, he is with the Rockets for another 2 seasons after this one.

12. lhphpl

lhphpl Contributing Member

Why somebody is fond of labeling others as *OF? We are all rockets fans and like the team as well as its players. Do you want me think you are a JOF?

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

PG % vs Center %

Get it?

Apparently NOT.

I'll try to help educate, but I'm not hopeful.

At 45.5% (for the SEASON), James is #8 (in good company) out of all PGs. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...one&qual=true&season=2005&seasontype=2&pos=pg For 3-pt shooting, he's 6th. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...one&qual=true&season=2005&seasontype=2&pos=pg

His 3 games with the Rockets he's 55%, which would make him FIRST by a GOOD MARGIN.

I was being nice by just calling you nuts, and you call me stupid? You're clearly an idiot when it comes to simple basketball concepts.

Why don't you compare Iverson's rebounding with Shaq's next?

14. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

He's Mike James b!tch!!!

15. Cohen

The irony.

16. choujie

choujie Member

So you start insulting by call me nuts and I can't say you are stupid?

45.5% in a certain game by a guard is considered "HOT" now? What a moron type thinking(in response to your "idiot" insulting this time).

I wouldn't call Yao "HOT" if he's shooting below 60% in a game.

Mods, I apologize for my language here, but what am I supposed to do when I keep getting insutled just for stating my opinion?

17. etha

etha Member

He will be great off the bench for instant offense. Great piece to the puzzle here great addition. I THINK 75% OF YOU ON THIS WEBSITE WOULD COMPLAIN IF THEY WERE GOING TO HANG YOU WITH A ROPE THAT WAS EITHER TO NEW OR TO OLD YOU GUYS b**** ABOUT EVERYTHING IT MUST BE THE Y GENERATION EVERYTHING NOW. GUYS AND GALS TRY TO BE MORE POSITIVE IT TAKES A LITTLE WHILE TO BUILD A GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM UNLESS YOU HAVE THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.THIS TEAM IS AWESOME TO WATCH VERY ENTERTAINING AND IF YOU THROW OUT THE FIRST 15 GAMES OR SO IS AS GOOD AS ANY TEAM IN BASKETBALL NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT. THEY HAVE THE TALENT NOW TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IF THEY HAD HOME FIELD IN THE PLAYOFFS . ENJOY IT IT WILL BE FUN FOR THE NEXT 5-7 YEARS

18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

:eek:

19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Again, your opinion really sucks, that is why so many ppl call you out.

20. Cohen

Originally posted by choujie
    So you start insulting by call me nuts and I can't say you are stupid?

'Nuts' is not 'positive' ... but is still collegial. 'Stupid' is a fighting word.

45.5% in a certain game by a guard is considered "HOT" now? What a moron type thinking(in response to your "idiot" insulting this time).

Again, you're just too thick-headed to 'get it', so I'm not going to waste my time explaining it again.

Mods, I apologize for my language here, but what am I supposed to do when I keep getting insutled just for stating my opinion?

You get insulted because you are insulting. The fact that your 'logic' is insulting is secondary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.