1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Anyone Else Worry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

About T-Mac?

They guy is playing THREE positions a night. He plays 40 minutes a night or more.

I know the guy is a stud and all...but he is human. Youth can only take you so far. Anyone else worried that his workload is going to kill us in the playoffs?

If he slows down SOME, we are in trouble. I dont know what we could do this year to adjust his responsibilities to allow for less stress in the same amount of minutes. But I guess if Kobe could do it, T-Mac can also.

But I still worry.

2. Charvo

Charvo Member

Yes, the Rockets were supposed to be able to depend on Yao to be the go-to guy when TMac rests. It's almost clockwork when Yao gets the ball and then gets the ball stolen. JVG then starts to get antsy. After a couple of minutes of seeing the Yao-led Rockets on the floor, he immediately brings in TMac. Anyone can tell from watching the Rockets that TMac plays too many minutes, but he does it out of necessity due to Yao's lack of proficiency being the go-to guy.

3. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

Congratulations, you've just been awarded the dumbest post of the year. Trade Yao for Mihm straight up.

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

5. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

I am more worried about his three pointers.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Me too. Tmac shot too many 3s recently. He's got so many weapons, and 3 pointer might be one of his weakest. On a good day his 3s kills opponents, but more often than not it's hurting Rockets now.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why worry? McGrady just needs to put his faith in Jeff van Godly and all will be well.

8. adai

adai Member

I am worried. If he is injured, it is too late to tank the season for any good lottery pick,
    unless TMac is as lucky as as Steve (getting 1st pick while ranking No. 8 from the last)

9. insane man

insane man Member

i fail to see why he doesn't drive at least in the 4th.

10. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Charvo, your post would actually make sense if you weren't so schizoprhenic. A month ago, you were claiming that Yao was merely a role player and rightfully deserved not getting any passes and now you're mad that he isn't acting like a go to guy. If Yao took more than 10 shots a game you'd have a point. A 'go to guy' gets the rock more than that, good shooting or not. Fact is that Yao relinquished the go-to-guy role a long time ago and he said as much, I believe. Obviously a very dissapointing development for rockets fans and Yao fans when 1/2 of the team's core displays such alarming mental weakness with such alacrity. Tmac has been IT for quite a while and Yao has chipped in sometimes. And it will be this way until Yao's Xbox or PS2 or whatever is smashed by Bob sura. And Tmac will be worn into the ground and would probably wonder why he ever left Orlando if it weren't for our half decent record.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm not worried but I really wish he would drive the ball to the whole a lot more, then again he doesn't get nearly as many calls as he should, and attack the basket, which he is totally capable of doing.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

T-Mac thrives on this. The guy can have a subpar game, but still put up 25-5-5.

If the areas around T-Mac improve, this team will be unstoppable.

13. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

No Panic Please.

We are in a dog fight for a playoff spot. We have a good team right now but we are facing a schedule from Hell. We have alot of very tough road games. We played a very good team who was hot and at home. We were on the 2nd night of a back to back and we came out sluggish but still responded and fought back into the game. We made some big errors in the last 4 min of the game and we did not pull out the win.

We are a very good team and we must fight fight fight fight our way into the playoffs. It will not be easy but we can do it.

Keep the faith.

We can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series.

Just get us there TMac/Yao/and supporting cast.

14. littlefish_220

Can the rox play without T-mac for 10 min a game? Absolutely.
    Take a look at three games we play without T-mac, we won 1 and lost 2 close games.

imo, JVG should rest T-mac more to make him more effective, and to save him more energy to drive to the basket instead of jacking up too many 3s.

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I am really proud of him, as a fan, for playing through his cousin's death, and playing inspired basketball at that (the Chicago and Wizards games)

This guy really cares about the team and you will never hear him complain of playing too many minutes or not getting enough help, etc.

As long as he and Yao stay healthy and work hard in the future, the Rockets will be in a really good place.

16. rednene

rednene Member

nice post almu,

i'm not as worried about tmac wearing out as I am about tmac's effect on Yao's development. people quite often bring up the non-trade that could have brought jordan to houston to play alongside hakeem. this is sometimes followed by a remark on how both players could have hampered each others development. many people do not realize that now, beginning in the 2004-5 season, we have this very scenario.

i am more of an optimist and hope that both players will develop the time-instict that Karl and Stockton shared in Utah. i do, however, worry that yao--who needless to say is usually not the most aggressive and self-confident player on the court--will develop a dependency on tmac to take over the game, to be the agressor. on the flip side, this scenario should help tmac develop the leadership skills needed to lead a team to a championship.

rednene

17. henrock

henrock Member

You're hilarious. You sound like the most uneducated basketball fan in the world. The backup SF is Bowen. He sucks...that's the reason for T-Mac being overworked. I'm sure Bowen is demanding all sorts of attention in the "YAO-led Rockets". At least when YAO goes out Deke comes in and he's a heck of a lot more productive than Bowen or Padgett if that is who you want to put at SF.

18. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

he is the most uneducated basketball fan.

19. jlwee

jlwee Member

Why bother to quote the moron Charvo?? He is just a californian idiot who is having wet dreams every night dreamin of Yao playing for one of the California NBA teams, be it Lakers, Warriors or Kings! :D

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Does everybody realise there is a "zero" rating option now ?

;)