1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 3/2/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2005.

1. perpetuity

perpetuity Contributing Member

Are you stupid or you are just day dreaming? If you can "borrow" player why not borrow shaq, TD.... why only freaking cheap-shot BMiller? If you want your fantasy team, why not put Shaq/TD/Tmac/Kobe/Nash in one team and enjoy your dream? hello!!! are you still dreaming?! This is the team you are having and no matter how you screaming/bashing, Tmac/Yao are not going anywhere and drop the stupid idea.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

When Yao carries the Rockets to the Western Conf finals(which I think will win day happen, if T-Mac is still here that is), I will compare him to Garnett.

But again, at this point, Garnett is a couple of notches higher on my list than Yao, and Duncan is few more notches higher on my list than KG.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Obviously your surroundings have to be good, you can't carry a team to the playoffs playing 1 on 5 but in crunchtime those guys step up and step up big thats what makes them 'superstars'

4. Charvo

Charvo Member

Yao doesn't fit in JVG's system. For anyone who bangs on JVG, look at Yao to see who the black sheep in the family is.

5. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

i never realized he could score "F-ING TWENTY OR THIRTY POINTS" while he sits on the bench with foul trouble. centers dont take as many shots as guards. live with it. if tmac doesnt take as many shots as he does you will be the first one sayin oh man tmac is not taking over like he should. if mike james does not score, we would not even be close in this game. point is yao is not on the court enough to make the impact he NEEDS to make

6. Charvo

Charvo Member

I'd trade Yao and filler for Brad and Peja if the Kings do it. The only problem with that is that I don't think the Kings will do it.

7. bigbodymoe

thank you kaiser for reitterating what i said that a superstar is on the court and making an impact in winning time. yao does not fit that bill

8. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

And our Tmac and Kobe.

9. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

I mean the GAMES (play stations),

but seriously, until he learns not to contest every shot, take every charge, set every pick at the half court, he creates his own problem

10. Charvo

Charvo Member

I think the Grizzlies might overtake the Rockets for #6 given the schedule. This is why these winnable games are so crushing to the team.

The trip to the West Coast in my opinion is 3 straight losses.

11. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Why does this feel like the worst loss of many years??? I am still VERY VERY PISSED!!!!

12. henrock

henrock Member

Really, what's the point if he's on the bench or not? When's the last time YAO got praised for good play? If he plays well but Rockets still lose it's 'cause YAO didn't do something right, if he's on the bench with foul trouble it's 'cause he can't stay on the court. He deserves as much blame as anyone else for the loss but he's not the only reason for the loss. Everybody plays a role in the losses and everybody plays a role in the victories.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Charvo, zip it. Your act is stale.

14. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

*cough*

*MORON*

15. Charvo

Charvo Member

Because the Rockets are in the thick of a playoff race with the worst upcoming schedule in the entire NBA. When was the last time the Rockets won at Phoenix, Sacramento, or Seattle? Those are all better teams than the Rockets, and they are all at home.

The Rockets have no room to coast.

16. bigbodymoe

um i would the think the point of him being on the court is like..you know..to help the team win. lol really now i do agree with you on the point of win as a team lose as a team. however, superstars are paid more to help teams overcome shortcomings and win ballgames. role players get less money for a reason. its still a team concept but certain players have to be more responsible for teams successes and failures.

17. bigbodymoe

hmm hmm can we say....quitter move

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I am signing off guys, I got to get some sleep.

Let me just say this: I am NOT basing my opinion of Yao on this game and only this game, if you have read/seen my earlier threads in the past, you will know this for a fact.

I was defending Yao/JVG and the Rockets when we were STILL losing at the beginning, and told people they should be patient, because our future is bright.

I still believe that, nothing changed, I am just frustrated at Yao's development on very basic things. It is not too much to ask him to be able to hold on to the ball and not turn it over or keep tipping it to the other team. Or to ask him not to be outplayed by Haywood.

My expectations for Yao are very high, because I KNOW he has it in him to be great as far as skills/talent/physical ability is concerned. However, it is his mental state that I am questioning and have ALWAYS questioned.

But it is OK, the Rockets are still on a good track and will do well. We WILL make the playoffs, that is a foregone conclusion. I am more concerned about positioning ourselves in the race and ending the season on a positive note, with positive momentum that could carry us over in the playoffs.

I just think that our losses in close games like the Seattle game (which we clearly should have won barring crooked refs), and our losses to Utah (a game we should have won) and the Wizards (a game we had at the end until we blew it) might hurt us in the future as the schedule only gets tougher. Now, to make up for these losses, we have to beat teams we are unlikely to beat, that are slightly better than we are.

So we are not in a great position here guys unless we start winning soon, and getting unexpected wins against superior teams.

The games we have already played (besides Sonics and Spurs) are as easy as they will get.

19. Charvo

Charvo Member

This is why Jeff Bagwell and his garbage contract is a lightning rod for criticism in Houston.

20. sailor

sailor Member