1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush Supports Hand Counts...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman95, Nov 11, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

unless it involves one of his elections. Apparantly he signed a bill stating that hand counts are legal in Texas because he feels that it is the most conclusive way to make sure that the votes are counted correctly.

Should make for an interesting argument in the hearing on Monday.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com

2. DUDE

DUDE Member

I would have NOTHING against hand counts, IF you did the whole state. To only hand count four GORE counties is absurd.
    One thing is known for sure about this election... Al Gore has better lawyers.

------------------
    "Her Box Started Buzzing Ever Since She Heard The CRÜE"

3. Major

Major Member

Al Gore has better lawyers.

And you're basing this on what?

I would have NOTHING against hand counts, IF you did the whole state.

If Bush supports hand-counts and thinks they are the best way to get accurate counts, why is filing a lawsuit to stop it? Why not demand a hand-count of all of Florida? We have 10 days while waiting for overseas ballots, you know...

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that the Cato is the only Rocket with a temperature scale named after him?

I didnt think so!!!!

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bush doesn't want a manual recount because he probably doesn't much like the result of the first one.

Maybe you should be pissed at him for not doing it.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com

5. DUDE

DUDE Member

He can not ask for a manual recount now. You have only up to 72 hours to ask for one. He took the high road and didnt ask, Gore asked.
    That is why Gore has the better lawyers. They got it done for their boss, while Bushs guys fumbled the ball.

------------------

6. Major

Major Member

That is why Gore has the better lawyers. They got it done for their boss, while Bushs guys fumbled the ball.

Ummm, asking for the recount is not the lawyer's call. The Bush team made the final decision not to ask, while Gore's did. It has nothing to do with the quality of their lawyers -- both parties have the money and resources to have as good lawyers as possible.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that the Cato is the only Rocket with a temperature scale named after him?

I didnt think so!!!!

7. DUDE

DUDE Member

Geez Shanna,
    I just guess we cant agree on a single thing. I tried to pay your Hero a compliment and you turn that on me also.

------------------

8. Major

Major Member

Well, (A) He's not my hero -- he's might "least hated" candidate and (B) I'm trying to have a real discussion. Everything Gore does isn't right; everything Bush does isn't wrong. I'm not going to just say Gore has better lawyers if I don't think he does. [​IMG]

------------------

I didnt think so!!!!