1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Be Happy When The Election is Over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketMan Tex, Nov 6, 2000.

Tags:
  1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Not only is the choice lousy, but look what it's done to us on this BBS!

-hystrionics
    -charges and countercharges
    -insults flying back & forth

Why do political discussions have this effect on regular people like us?

And look what it's done to the candidates themselves. The shrill speeches, on all sides, filled with nothing but rhetoric and promises about to be broken. Even more so than usual. Seems like the BS got ratcheted up to a fever pitch over the weekend. Ugh!

I'm thoroughly disgusted, again. I'll be glad when all this is over, no matter who wins.

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

2. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Rocketman Tex,

"-hystrionics
    -charges and countercharges
    -insults flying back & forth"
    ?

Heck, we get all that stuff in the "Rockets Game Action and Roster Moves" forum [​IMG]

With that said, I too am ready for this election to be over. And if Bush wins, I'll be ready for the next four years to be over [​IMG]

Actually, come to think of it . . . in four years, I'll have finished grad school and will actually have a real job. Screw waiting for election day to be over! I want to just get through the next 4 years [​IMG]

------------------

3. stringthing

stringthing Member

Amen,

A concept I try and remember is that these guys will say or do ANYTHING to get elected. Make no mistake about it. Gore, Bush, what difference does it make? Losers, both...

Neither will have the clear mandate after this election.

Pick one and lets move on

------------------

4. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

I just thought this thread deserved to be moved back to the top [​IMG]

------------------

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Hey Clutch ,

Why don't we have our own little election here ?

------------------

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

It's just an emotional topic. And it's easy to spout off on a message board. I don't have these sorts of arguments in real life.

In the end, it really doesn't matter that much to me which one ends up being President. All the doom and gloom predictions on either side never seem to materialize. And those bad things that do materialize would often have done so regardless of who was the President.

Neither one of these guys makes me think "President", and it is unfortunate that the decision between these two yahoos is bordering on becomming a Consititutional Crisis.

It does bother me that there is all this talk of a revote, though. The Consititution seems pretty clear to me on the point (that the choosing of electors has to take place on the day that Congress says and that it has to be on the same day throughout the U.S.), and I don't like it when people disregard the Constitution (people on either side of politics. I don't like the affronts to the Constitution from anti-free speech people or the affonts toward the separation clause from school prayer folks, and so on.)

I just wish one of 'em (I don't care which one) would say that it isn't worth it to plunge the nation into chaos and debase the peaceful exchange of power that we've enjoyed for a good long time over this election.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    The Anti-Bud Adams Page

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Good morning rocket fans.

"I just wish one of 'em (I don't care which one) would say that it isn't worth it to plunge the nation into chaos and debase
    the peaceful exchange of power that we've enjoyed for a good long time over this election."

Truer words were never spoken.

Gore should do the honorable thing and concede. He lost after the recount. That's good enough for me. Bush (god help us, is the president). Its not like all of these voting problems haven't happened before. Didn't Nixon concede a defeat even after an election was basically stolen from him?

All of this nonsense is not worth throwing the constitution into chaos.

------------------
    'Deeds, not words, shall speak me.'

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I agree wholeheartedly. If this garbage goes on any longer, Americans will reach their breaking point, and then we will have a REAL crisis on our hands!

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!