1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gore has a problem, and it's his mouth!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by oeilpere, Oct 16, 2000.

1. dc sports

dc sports Member

Now he invented ratings on music!

Paraphrased, because I didn't write it down:

"When my oldest daughter was a little girl, she brought home a record with some ugly lyrics. Tipper hit the roof. So we started a movement to bring responsibility to the recording industry. The result has been a nation wide system of ratings on record lables which allows parents to make responsible decisions about what their children listen to."

------------------
    Stay Cool...

2. dc sports

dc sports Member

Jeff,

Along those lines, I thought Bush made a convincing argument for limiting federal involvement in education, and keeping the control on the local level "where it belongs."

------------------
    Stay Cool...

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

dc sports:

Tipper did start the little black & white label on your friendly cd. maybe you're too young, but we were all kind of pissed about that when me and my peers were kids. what the hell did we know.

oeilpere,

Are you franchising your fertilization business? Last week you were in the bball realm, this week in politics. [​IMG]

j/k, glad to read your views.

------------------
    "Everyone I know has a big but...

come on Simone, let's talk about your but."

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited October 17, 2000).]

4. rascal

rascal Guest

Probably depends on the translation you're reading. [​IMG]

5. rascal

rascal Guest

Ah...I remember it well. The record that had Tipper up in arms was Prince's "Darling Nikki." In it he sings about a girl "masturbating with a magazine." It seems so tame now!

Tipper and some of her Washington allies formed the PMRC (Parent's Music Resource Center) and went to battle with the record companies. Achebe is right, those little warning lables on records are the direct result of Tipper, and to a lesser extent, Al Gore.

6. rascal

rascal Guest

oops

[This message has been edited by rascal (edited October 18, 2000).]

7. dc sports

dc sports Member

Wow! So he's taking credit for something he did contribute to. I wonder why he hasn't mentioned this before?

------------------
    Stay Cool...

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Gore has a problem and it's his mouth, while Bush has a problem, and it's his brain (or lack thereof).

What a worthless thread! Move on!

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

9. TraJ

TraJ Member

Cute...but wrong. When you show us your undergrad degree from Yale and grad degree from Harvard, THEN you can begin to question Bush's native intelligence. You may not agree with him (and that's fine), but he's not an idiot by any stretch. Only those with weak arguments (or limited intelligence themselves) would rely on such.

------------------

10. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Book smarts and the type of smarts Rocketman Tex I assume was reffering are two entirely different things. Just because the man has some university degree from an Ivy League school doesn't imply he isn't an idiot (For the record, I'm not saying Bush is) Just like someone with absolutely no education can be inherently intelligent. The fact that Bush went to Harvard or Yale holds no relevance to his intelligence.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.
    http://www.clutchtown.com

11. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Err . . . when your father gets you into Yale . . .

when you carry a C average througout your college career . . .

when your father gets you into Harvard in spite of your lousy grades . . .

when you have a token degree from Yale and Harvard and still haven't mastered the English language . . .

when the only thing that you got from your college days was a drinking problem that you'd finally kick around the age of 40 . . .

when your father gives you a business to run . . .

when you go on to be lousy businessman for the next 20 years . . .

when you get a political office based on your father's name . . .

when you don't look like you know your own platforms in political debates . . .

when anything greater than 1+1 is "fuzzy math" . . .

when all of these things happen, why does it surprise you that a lot of people consider Bush an idiot? [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Launch Pad (edited November 08, 2000).]

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Azim & Launch Pad...thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. At least I know that Social Security is a federally funded program. Sure didn't look like Bush did during the debates, now did it?

However, I must say that this goes for Gore as well...that guy isn't the brightest bulb in the lamp either (IMHO) even though he received a degree from Harvard! If he had any kind of street smarts/common sense, he would have trounced Bush by a wide margin. Just like Clinton would have if he were allowed to run a 3rd time!

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

[This message has been edited by RocketMan Tex (edited November 08, 2000).]

13. TraJ

TraJ Member

If Gore invented the internet (or played any part in it's promotion), does that mean we can now call him e-Gore? [​IMG]

Sorry for bringing up the old post. I'm slow.

------------------