1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/6/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It's going to be a tight game and i will go with a score of

Rockets 89
    Lakers 83

2. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Shouldn't this be the mantra for every game? ;)

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

No we...should say...the team that outscores the other should be the victor.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Isn't that Padgett, Sura, and Barry (can throw in Bowen if you want). Only "Pagent" is a PF amongst them. ;)

I have the perfect WBPS sign though...anytime any of those guys hits a 3, they flash the 3 fingers which makes a "W" symbol also. I know I know, corny. :D

5. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

No Kobe means the Rockets should win with ease. As long as the Rockets come out with some energy and intensity I cant see them losing to the Fakers.

Rockets 103
    Fakers 92

6. KYLE LIVE

KYLE LIVE New Member

SCOTT PADGETT

7. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Rox 89
    LA 85

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It has to be a win, otherwise Odom + Mihm + Butler for Yao will emerge again list a ghost. Go Rockets! 103 - 92.

9. rvpals

rvpals Member

A blow out win against the lakers, this Rockets win send Lakers on a downward spiral which they never recover and end up not making the playoff for the 1st time in so many years.

Rockets 119
    Lakers 89

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets are on the verge of proving to themselves and the fans that they are a legitimate playoff contender. They are playing with a consistency, court presence, and confidence, I haven't seen in years. A let down would be so disappointing. I expect a playoff atmosphere, and if they play at the level they have displayed in the last several games, they should win. But it won't be easy. The Lakers gave the Spurs all they wanted the other night. They lost, but they played hard.

I just hope none of the players disappear and go to the SuperBowl!;)

11. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

Rockets will win this one easily.

Rockets 101
    Lakers 88

12. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Our good play on the road will translate into better play at home. Lakers are young and not that great on the road. They made it close against the spurs because pop was stubborn and refused to bail out his team by putting duncan in. We will win by more than 10 points.

Rockets 105
    Lakers 94

13. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

we should be more careful, play consistent means a GOOD team

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

is this going to be in High Def?

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's a good question. Is there anywhere to check for that? Then again, ABC HD looks like crap on my TV. The picture's all jittery. Thank God Fox has the Super Bowl.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

If Rox could not win this one, the whole season is a piece of crap.

127:96 Rockets

17. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

As I said in other thread. Yao ming's inconsistence problem came from lacking of woman. His gf,ye li has asked for a leave from her team 2 weeks ago to USA for some health treatment or operation.
    thta's whu the big fella became a beast in the last a few games.
    my predication:
    Tmac 30/7/5
    yao 28/12/2
    rox win
    101:79
    better to pick up the tik now if u live in houston.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is time to think playoffs. I think there are only 34 regular season games left. Tonight, the Rockets are sixth in the West. The Mavs are now within striking distance. The Laker game is big, they can put distance between them and LA, and possibly gain ground on Dallas. If the Rockets can avoid SA in the first round, and continue to improve, they could advance. In a seven game series, I think the Kings, Seattle, and the Mavs can be had. The Suns would be tough and the Spurs, well they are the Spurs. The last few games have given me playoff dreams. It is time to bust a move. Hey Rockets, think playoffs, they are not as far away as you might think.

#38 solid, Feb 5, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  19. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

it feels good to go to the laker forum and see that 60% of the people in there predicts the ROX WIN...ha hah ah a ...which i have to agree with them...damn..we getting respect...although i was a little suprise..the fakers fans ussually worse than that

20. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Not going to say too much because that always seems to **** things up. Rockets pull out for the W.