1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't like the definition of YOF, and it divides the fan group

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 26, 2005.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

those are meals stereotyped as "black" foods. so that now a black guy won a championship, he would have the choice of what's served at the dinner. and he called him, "boy." not good. even if it wasn't with an evil intent, which i don't know...it just came off as dumb.

2. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

This is news to me, I'd never heard of Yao being a Chinese Jackie Robinson. It's not like we've never heard of China as a country on earth until Yao emerged in the NBA. and BTW, I think he handled the pressure on him extremely well so far.

3. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

classic!

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

In this country it is definately not ok to be racially insensitive toward African Americans, but at the same time it is often no big deal if you are racially insensitive toward other minorities like Asians or Mexican Americans. So nothing new.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yea...thats it :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

I can only assume from this that you dislike Chinese people and like to categorize them all into one category.

Would a "NO DOGS OR CHINESE ALLOWED" sign please you?

How do you know who's Chinese or not? Are you looking at our ip's?

7. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Common Sense

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In general, the "joined" date is good start.

To add to Clutch's list...

If people can tell you're Chinese by the content of your post...you might be a YOF.

9. langal

I agree with you.

Imagine if some one had posted something like "according to the black posters here."

Just replace "black" with "Chinese".

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Chinese" is a nationality. "black" (sic) isn't.

The fact that you capitalized (correctly) one and not the other should tell you how incongruous your "argument" is.

11. langal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. So funny. me rikey velly muchee. Me luv you long time..

Please don't categorize all Chinese people as one. It's a very white thing to do.

12. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

How about Common Decencies.

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Thank you. I just didn't understand why there was such a uproar against it back then.

14. langal

Hardy-har-har. replace Chinese with "African-Amercan" then.

I don't care if some of you guys complain about YOF's. Perfectly fine. They annoy me sometimes too. I like Bob Sura and think he's doing a good job. He's NOT a great PG but has definitely surpassed expectations and helped the TEAM.

It gets annoying when you start lumping all YOF's as CHinese people and vice versa. That's heading toward racist grounds.

Hell - I'm a naturally born US citizen but still get called "Chinaman" or "chink" by many. Never been to China - so I can only assume that it is the color my skin, etc. which makes these people hate me - so you must understand why many "Chinese-Americans" think of themselves as "Chinese".

15. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

I wonder what's Yao's ethnicity. I guess calling someone a Jap is not racial at all.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I bet you all those jumping the bandwagons on this joke are mostly white and intolerant people. If put them bofore the sixties they would among those group of white people Dr King tried to free.

I bet you that they don't know that in California, it is against the law to discriminate based on one's spoken language. Maybe it is OK or even encouraged to do that in Texas. I don't know about Texas. Someone tell me.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

YOF shall o-ver-come
    YOF shall o-ver-come
    YOF shall o-ver-come some d-aaaaa-aay

18. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

White people from Texas and Asian people who are not from Texas- a very volatile mix sometimes.:)

19. langal

HAHAHAHA

not funny.

Some of us here just get a little annoyed that some others here like to label all CHinese as YOFs and vice versa.

Just because someone is Chinese - it doesn't mean that they have poor English skills, eat Peking Duck all the time, or worship Yao.

also-

Just because someone criticizes Yao's play - it doesn't make them a white racist.

No need to bag on Texas either.
    I love Texas - it's a beautiful state.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly, and I think most realize that, except for a few who are pretending otherwise, just like they pretend things about Rockets games.