1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 1/20/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I know. there were some fans at a Texans and a Astros game holding up a sign like that. A Colt Fan and I think it was a Cardinal fan. I think I've even heard an announcer say it before and it was always when we were losing. Houston WE have a problem.....dummies yes YOU do have a problem.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't know if he'll play well or not, but as was already pointed out, the one team he really wanted to get back at in the past was vancouver and whenever he played there he seemed to have huge games. and he seemed to like getting up for the lakers and always had huge games against them. big games usually seem to be a good thing for francis. now he may shoot 5-22 tonight, but that's not what the past says will hapeen.

as for still reeling, he just tore off a huge game against the pistons and led the magic in snapping detroit's 6 game winning streak.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

anyone have that link to our TV game list?? I cant find if the game will be on local or not.. THANKS

4. jherveymo

jherveymo Contributing Member

It's on TNT. No local broadcast, unfortunately.

5. Davidoff

6. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

7. Davidoff

Anyone know who Las vagas picks to win??

8. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Watched last 2 games and we lost. :(

So I don't think it will happen a third time :D

Go Rockets!

88: 85

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

how about you don't watch;)

pleease:D

10. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

This sucks, I have class at 7 pm central time, and the game (starts at 7pm ct) is the ONLY game I have the opportunity to see, since I live in Chicago. It looks like I'll be missing the biggest game of the year so far,:mad:

If any one would be so kindly to record the game on vhs or get it in avi format somehow, I would be glad to pay them 20 dollars via paypal!

help a brotha out!

11. Davidoff

You need to talk to R2K...

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Man, I can hardly wait...I am very excited.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I can't understand the hate Kenny and Charles always have towards the Rockets.

It doesn't make sense to me how they continously bash the Rockets and every move they make and every player that has ever been on this team.

14. Davidoff

:mad: :mad: :mad: Damn pregame show.... how about talking about the problems with the magic also guys.... we never get any respect with them, even when we beat chucks team the Spurs... OH WELL, what else is new:(

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I didn't see as much bashing today... not the usual "they're not a good team" (well, actually, they're not... but I know it sucks when ex- players say that about their old team).

Today, they were pretty neutral... as they should be. Kenny said they didn't have a PG... and until Sura started having decent games a couple of weeks ago, we didn't. And, we all know Sura is not the long-term solution either.

Charles did the BBS-favorite thing by criticizing JVG and the "slow" play... but I'm starting to lean away from this argument frankly because the only player we have that can go up and down is Tracy. Yao, Sura, Wesley, and Howard are neither runners, finishers, or acrobatic playmakers.

They're also a "flavor of the month" type announcers... if the Rockets are rolling by April, they'll be all for them... if they're floundering around .500, they'll treat them as they are.

16. lnghrn4life

lnghrn4life Member

retro jerseys again??? this is awesome, i just hope the outcome is different

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Awww...look at the Magic. Wearing their blue "got their ass kicked by the Rockets in the 1995 Finals clincher" jerseys.

Those blue Magic jerseys bring back some great memories.

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Yao with the facial on 3 Magic yes!!!!!!!!!!:)

19. Charvo

Charvo Member

Yao needs to be a slower, taller KG.

The dude made a nice move facing the basket. Yao should tell JVG to shove it.

20. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

Indeed! "How sweet it is"!! :D