1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti-Abortion (I went and did it)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DREAMer, Sep 30, 2000.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I've just skimmed through this debate, but has anyone mentioned the exchange between Bush and Gor last night. I thought that was the highlight. I didn't realize that 4 supreme court judges could be appointed. Is that true? If so, this could be one of the few elections that has a real impact on this issue. Gore seemed more honest on this point. Telling exactly who he would appoint and why. Bush ran from the truth a little if you ask me. And that's because Bush knows it could cost him the election. Gore scored some big points there.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

2. rblh

rblh Contributing Member

JayZ750,

"Who really believes in killing innocent young babies? Nobody. So what this all comes down to is...are you alive at 13 weeks of gestation or earlier,etc.
    I find that this question can hardly be answered by science now or ever in the future. It certainly isnt a quantitative measure that some new theory or technique will produce. IT is a question of ideology, spirituality, and religion. A question of one's morals and what defines those morals."

An excellent analysis on the abortion dilemma!

I like your scenario that forces people to examine how they really feel deep down inside with the two different circumstances regarding abortion.

I too have a tough time in inflecting on how I truly feel about abortion in the following scenarios:
    Scenario 1) I belief abortion should be a choice in cases of rape or incest.
    Scenario 2) A married couple has a one-year-old boy. The d### head father is a career criminal. One day the father kills the woman's parents when her parents refused to hand over their life savings. The d### head father also raped the woman's teenage sister before he fled. The woman is traumatized and she could no longer look at her son without thinking about the criminal act committed by her son's father. She is flooded with rage and hatred whenever her son is near her. Does she have the right to kill the one-year-old child? My answer is a resounding no!

What is the different between the fetus and the one-year-old child? They are both innocent and have nothing to do with the crime. Why I would not hesitate to say no under scenario #2 but I would allow the woman to choose abortion under condition #1.

I began to question my belief about life begins at conception. I could not justify my view on why the fetus (who has nothing to do with the criminal act) should be denied it's right to exist if I absolutely belief life begins at conception.

------------------

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

Well if you want to have zero abortions in the world, everyone should just turn gay. [​IMG]

4. Bobby

Bobby Member

------------------
    "Who Wants To Be A Rocket?" - and probably a millionaire as well. The off-season will be interesting!

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Quick Quiz:

Who said the following:

1. "Human life, even at its earliest stages, has a certain right which must be recognized - the right to be born, the right to love, the right to grow old."

2. "Life is the division of human cells, a process that begins with conception. . . . The (Roe) ruling was unjust and it is incumbent upon Congress to correct the Injustice."

3. Stating his "deep personal conviction that abortion is wrong" and explaining that he voted to amend the Civil Rights Act to define the word "person" to "include unborn children from the moment of conception."

------------------