1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report Cuttino to be traded

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jw1144, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

All I want to say now is that Mobley is a highly underrated defender. I do not really think Christie is that much of an upgrade defensively but the only difference is that he will bring it every night because that is all he has unlike Cuttino. Orlando will still have a problem with team defense nonetheless.

PS. Kevin Garnet, should watch out for Tony Battie's menacing elbows. Face mask.....Lebron..........nuff said.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This is a very interesting trade. Magic lack defense more than any other team in the league so I see their interest for Christie

But letting Cat go this summer would just give them money off the books, now they are stuck with an aging Christie with a $9M/year contract and his crazy wife.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dont forget they traded away Doug Christie's wife.
    That means CWebb has someone to hang out with and play some Madden with on the road.

Im sure Doug Christie's wife was jealous of the playstation cheerleaders so she didn't let him play PS2 any more.

Look at Yao, he's not happy cause he lost his boys Steve and Cuttino. What's he doing now? Would he hang out with Juwan?

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Stevie was so distraught he could only muster 3 turnovers last night.

5. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

that was cold. but funny :D

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when the Wizards broke up Juwan and CWebb?

7. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

this trade was dumb, mobley is much better than christy, the rocket trade look much better now, mcgrady for francis , cato, and christie.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Probably didn't want to pay him th emoney that he would be asking for at the end of the season and got someone out of it instead of loosing him just like that.

In Orlando's eyes it is smart and you know Sacremento was drooling to get another scorer on there team like Mobley.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It'll be interesting to see how Mobley picks up Sac's offense, as lots of people here questioned his (and Steve's) intelligence.

10. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

will cuttino be in uniform tonight for the kings?

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

How are Cat and Steve-O gonna live being 3,000 miles apart?

12. Miggidy Markell

In my opinion, worst mistake ever! Christie is 35 years old, free agent this summer along with Cuttino. Cuttino's defense isn't too bad, it overall lack of team defence that allows teams to just get lay-up after lay-up.
    When Christie doesn't prove to change Orlando's defence dramatically Orlanndo will start suffering from not having that third scorer as Turkolu is WAY inconsistant (see Boston game).
    This team really needed a Keon Clack PF/C kinda guy because when Garrity goes in the line-up for Howard there is no defence and no rebounding because he basically waits around for a three (shooting 32%) and just gets out-husselled.
    Cato has been a huge part of our defence but he's been on and off with injuries, but when he is in the game we usually play well. He has even developed a nice midrange jumper (hit a couple from 19 feet).

Cuttino was quoted in the Boston/Orlando recap as saying "I'm sad. I guess they believed I wouldn't re-sign here in the off-season"

That part even made me sad. The harsh reality of NBA trades....

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think the magic lost out, but only because of the age difference. Christie is the kind of player we always wanted next to Francis. A tall pass first guard who can guard 2s. He isn't a consistent perimeter threat, but he can fill up the stat sheet. But as others have stated in this thread, his game is going downhill, and even if it's just a temporary struggle, he's old and wont be around for a whole lot longer. I woulda thought the magic could of gotten something better for Cat, but maybe, just maybe, his stock just isn't as high around the league as it is on the message board.

14. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

15. OrangeCountyCA

Eventhough I am a Magic fan now, I feel sorry for Steve and Grant Hill for having to play for such a terrible franchise that will never win a championship.

I hope the Rockets so how get Steve (and Cuttino) back in the future....

16. mfclark

mfclark Member

Ummmm....that was Dikembe Mutombo who did that, not Tony Battie. Battie got into an altercation with Pau Gasol earlier this year involving elbows, but nothing was broken. Don't quite know how that all relates, though.

17. because24

because24 Member

Great trade for the Kings. Horrible trade for the Magic. Franchise is not happy but the true professional in him will shine through and make him adapt.

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

HAHA! I guessed his number, Cuttino will wear number 3 from now on...

Haven't gotten word on what number Chrisie's wife wants him to wear...

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

what true professional?

20. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

"Secret lovers, that's what they are, trying so hard to hide the way they feel, cause they both belong to someone else,
    but they can't let it go cause what they feel is oh so real
    so real...so real....so real....so real!"

[​IMG]