1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Time To Quit Acting Like A Robot Yao.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy

Daddy Member

look at his demeanor. he isnt thinking "take charge", he is doing what he has been shown, and that is it. he is going through the motions as if these guys were reinacting an old nba game on a theatre stage. if i had a picture of yao ming, and one of those "caption" stickers to put on the photo, i would write "you mean we have to play for 47 more minutes"??

he has done a good job of aggressively taking his shots, and i will say that i am very pleased to see him aggressively go into the defense, but instead of thinking, "ok, we look stale, and the lakers are running over us. i take this personal and it pisses me off, its time for me to take over", he continues to go about things like nobody is keeping score. he plays like his goal is to get to game 82. he takes his shots like he has been taught to do, he cleans up the glass from time to time, and knows that he is supposed to score when he gets the opportunity, but he doesnt want to do anymore. i know he wants to win the game, but its like he doesnt know that he is expected to do more.

the fact is, yao never feels the need to take over. he does what he is programed to do, and no more. he has no passion for the game. no hunger. he gets down, and frustrated, but he goes back to robot mode the next play.

that leaves it up to tmac to try and take over every game. unfortunately he has the same teammates. no wonder tmac wanted out of orlando. it must be exhausting to take that pressure on your shoulders by yourself every night.

2. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Wow when did the number 1 yao hater and number 1 francis fan, Daddy from the espn boards come here?:eek:

3. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

that's who he is? hmmm.

4. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Agreed. Please dont feel even a bit encouraged of the 2nd half. We all know that he will return to his old self next game. Yao is a joke. Trade him as soon as possible. Please make it comes true.

5. Daddy

Daddy Member

why is there always an outside bias that you all have to claim for someone to have a legitimate complaint against yao?? why does that "yao HATER" card always have to be played to discredit a legitimate opinion on yao?? i dont even mention the name francis untill guys like you try to claim that bias against people.

the most annoying phrase i have ever heard in association with the rockets is "YAO HATER". i cant imagine that anyone who likes the rockets could possibly HATE yao. and the mere properly placed dissappointment in him has people using this childish phrase as a way to try and blow off criticism as yao, with the word "hatred" being used as if we were talking about the kkk.

6. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Dude you know it's true and everyone on the espn boards has already called you out for the francis loving as the root cause of your hatred.

7. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Love Yao but I must be realistic

I have loved Yao from day 1

But watching him for three seasons it is only fair to my loyalty to the Rockets to ask the hard question.

Is this as good basically as Yao will be?

18 pts. 9 reb And he is not a difference maker?

And the burning question I must face- Is there more value to this team's future to hang on to Yao or is there more value out there right now if he was traded?

If this is Yao and we keep him, yes he will be a nice center.
    Not the #2 superstar though. In fact he doesnot assert himself enough over the game to deserve 40 min. And he wouldn't be bad splitting time with a more athletic power post player.

Could be get superior value for Yao based upon another teams perception of his potential?

Right now if Chicago offered Curry, Deng and 2 first round picks
    for Yao and Padgett- I might pull the trigger

There may be some pretty enticing offers out there for Yao

I think from what I am seeing right now I would listen to offers.

I am really troubled with Yao's slow, awkward movement on the court. He is very passive defensively and it makes us soft in the middle.

Yes I love Yao, but I am confused about reality.

What is reality is - he will never be much better for what ever reason and we aer missing a window of opportunity to turn him into a big trade for the team... Remember when the Dallas Cowboys traded Hershel Walker to the Vikings- that deal brought them Emmit Smith, several other starters and 3 super bowls.

I must now keep my heart back and think with objective reason.

Yao may be Rik Smitts with more turnovers and softer defense.

8. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

LOL, is it "Daddy" from the espn boards?? Looks like his style of writing though, bias all around. I'm sorry I can't take that guy seriously then.

9. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

I say trade Yao Ming. See what kinda offers the rockets could get...I'd bet they'd get someone/some people better suited to run and gun bball. It'd also be interesting to see how Yao would do on a different team.

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

DELETE

#10 mogrod, Jan 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  11. dragon167

Can u organise a "Trade Yao as soon as possible Club". I want to be a foundation member. :D

12. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Tell me which offer would make Rockets a contender or potential one. Dont tell me its Duncan for Yao.

13. Panda

Panda Member

Thanks for telling me that.

14. dragon167

Peja and Brad Miller for Yao and Mo.

#14 dragon167, Jan 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  15. dback816

dback816 Member

Is Yao acting like a robot or JVG making him a robot?

Yao can be as passive as he can be, but he can shoot from far and he looks for open teammates. He doesnt have to be aggressive doing that.

When JVG forces him down to the low post, he takes that same "shoot" and "pass" appraoch with him and ends up not being very effective at all with all the clogging going down there.

I still say JVG is a moron for trying to change Yao's game.

16. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

I believe that if Yao was plugged into Sacramento's system, he would become an absolute monster.

17. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Same feel here. I don't think he can have more potential as sb. said. It's done. A good player. That's all.

The thing disappointed me is TMAC, he is not as good as I expected. Although sometime he can be bralliant. I mean sometime. :(

18. Daddy

Daddy Member

90% of the people on the espn board are chinese guys that post there because its free, and will not stand for any criticism of yao.

and of those 90%, 90% of them know basketball like i know ping pong. they also know that i am right on with the opinions i have, and they hate to see someone with that makes alot of sense say something about their hero. they dont want to hear it. yet you believe that because so many chinese posters will defend their guy by doing the only thing they can (which is discredit your opinion as bias), it makes it less true. they learned basketball on the xbox.

i can tell you right now that i am so dissapointed in yao because i have such a high reguard for him. you are hearing that straight from the man himself. so instead of calling me a lier, and playing that "bias" card to try to discredit daddy, why dont you make a logical argument back. if i was biased and the #1 yao hater/#1 steve lover, how does that make what i said any less the truth??

19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

This is interesting. Peja, Brad Miller and TMac. That sounds pretty good. Conversely, Yao will finally be playing with a decent point guard and other players who can actually shoot.

Good for everyone around.
    :)

20. brush

brush Contributing Member

They will give you a webber. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.