1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I dont understand why the Dumpy lovers keep clicking on this thread and start whining about Dumpy haters.

2. supermagichero

Half of the posts in this forum are already YAO-SUCKS.
    As for Tmac-sucks post, I bet you will see at least 50% of the posts before the end of this year.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Or it can play down all the BS and myths people like you believe about JVG. You know, the whole "he doesn't adapt to his players" bit.

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

Did you hear the interview?

T-Mac said a lot of decent to nice things about JVG. However, he also said (paraphrasing) that he was being hamstrung by "the system" when the Rockets were losing.

Is T-Mac saying he's "doing what he's always done," Van Gundy adjusting, or T-Mac just saying "screw it, I'm doing what I know works, whether coach likes it or not." It could be interpreted either way, but Van Gundy himself said that he WASN'T going to change.

5. LongTimeFan

Actually, you're misquoting him. He said he would not change his demeanor, not system. HUGE difference, but good try ;) Before the Dallas game, the heart-to-heart between Tmac and JVG was said on national TV. Obviously Tmac's not doing something whether JVG approves or not. Did you get a chance to read the Sura quotes in that article last week? Here, I'll post it for you one more time:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/2976841

The truth.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Is Gargamel still in Houston?

7. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

see my post in other hangout.

van gundy ain't responsible for a horrid shooting night by tmac and company,

but of course, the coach should always be able to stepin and make all the shots from their stars go in right?

8. R0ckets03

Is Van Gumby responsible for surrounding Tmac and Yao with sorry ass players?

Is Van r****d responsible for coming up with a defensive scheme (or lack thereof) that left the Suns outside shooters open over and over and over and over again?

Is Van Dumpy resoponsible for failing to incorporate Yao into the offense over and over and over again? No you say.....it is the players....the players Van Stumpy chose?

Is Van Dummy responsible for making us the least athletic team in the NBA by selecting the oldest players anybody could find?

Is Van Stupid responsible for giving Charlie freakin Wart a multi year contract?

9. LongTimeFan

You're a broken record by now, and your anti-JVG movement has lost it's momentum. Give it up, it's over.

But just for fun:

1) If JVG is responsible for Barry, Wesley, Deke, and Sura -- BRAVO.

2) a Defensive scheme that held them under their season average? (yes, by 1 point, but still under) -- BRAVO.

3) Incorporate a player who was being outplayed by said less athletic, oldest player in the league? No thanks -- BRAVO.

4) Deke has proved to be extremely valuable. Wesley most people agree gives us more than JJ did. Ward has been injured all season, but is defintely a miss. 2/3 -- BRAVO.

5) Charlie Ward was a mistake. Boo.

So that's 4/5 -- BRAVO JVG, BRAVO. :D

#469 LongTimeFan, Jan 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  10. R0ckets03

Ooooooohhhhhhhh......LongTimeFan has spoken and so shall it be!!! :eek:

11. R0ckets03

You can take this ---------> :rolleyes: <---------- and do you know what with it.

Anti Van r****d movement has lost momentum, but yet this is the most popular thread on this forum right now? :rolleyes:

12. LongTimeFan

Most popular because I keep bringing it up to prove your myths and accusations wrong. Next?

13. R0ckets03

umm....okay. since this is the first time we have actually been quoting each other i dont see how that is possible.

and there are enough posters on this very page that want Gollum fired. But yet you are the almighty LONGTIMEFAN!!! (oooooooohhhhhhh) so your opinion counts more then anyone elses!!!!

ooooooohhhhhh

14. LongTimeFan

No, I just use logic and reasoning behind by post instead of blind hate. That way, I don't look as silly as you do when you post. Your creditability has taken a hit. I'm honestly surprised that you aren't banned, all your post are insults that have no merit in the discussion. If someone shows you evidence different from what you think, you resort to cussing and saying insults. So much for being able to have a good argument, huh? The only constant JVG-hater that I've seen that atleast tries to use valid reasoning is edc. You're just the monkey in the background screaming and trying to stir things up.

#474 LongTimeFan, Jan 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  15. R0ckets03

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Please go back to your hole.

I great man knows to rethink his stance and make adjustments as deem necessary by changes and evolution herein. Now you sir are slipping into insanity.

What exactly is your point again?

17. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO!!

18. R0ckets03

and I am slipping into insanity?

19. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

Is it just me or it really sounds very funny? try to visualize this. Instead of putting monkey in the background, put monkey behind Rockets bench.

20. R0ckets03

There already is one. His name is Van Monkey ball sucker!