1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daiges7, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Like trying to trade Robert Horry and Matt Bullard during our first run? Like trading OT after our first championship? Or trading Sam Cassell and Robert Horry one year removed from a championship?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Funny, Jeff !! Show me again where the facts are posted, or are you going to crawl into your " I heard " hole, where everyone is just supposed to take your word for it.

"I heard that Damon Jones didn't want to play here"

Or the fact that Boki was 2-6 last night and not 2-7 as you posted Jeff.

There are no true FACTS concerning Boki other than the FACT that he has not had much of a chance at playing time, or the FACT that the system he is being asked to play in does not fit his style of game.

As for JJ, the FACT is that he has the ability to RETIRE if he chooses, and I don't see how that is disputed.

I am sure the trade to a lousy New Orleans team has made him seriously consider retiring, he has made enough money.....

Nothing wrong with messing with DD, Jeff, as long as you can take the messing right back.

DD

#122 DaDakota, Dec 30, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, I was also getting a little concerned since codell had not posted any insults or smart-ass remarks in a while... :(

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"I heard that Mo Taylor was wiping the floor with Kenny Thomas in the off-season."

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

You are obsessed Mr. Pot.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Pot? I don't get it...

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Exactly.

:)

8. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Best post ever :D

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'd say that's not necessarily a fact, but more your opinion. The facts are that Boki has played in 76 NBA games. He's had 76 chances to get more PT.

I think that somewhere along those 76 games if he did anything that warranted more PT, he would have gotten it.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pimp,

That is your opinion.

I think he needs to be on the court to get comfortable.

The beauty of all this is that we shall see, he will get a chance to play in New Orleans.

I either get a big ole "I told ya so" sandwich or one nasty ole Crow one.

DD

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Know your role, codell...

Helping out with the chat = you are good at it.
    Being a nice poster = you are good at it.

Trying to play wise guy and being a smart-ass = you suck at it.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can't believe you seriously just posted that, SJC. Know your role?? Please, man.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Somebody's found a new stalkee.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Please, man...read the posts codell made. He called me a liar, obsessed, Mr. Pot, etc.. I don't think I called him any names. I merely said that he is not good at playing Mr. Smart-ass.

On second thought, I also said that he has his head up some admin's behind. Is that worse than anything he posted? I doubt it.

Please, man.

15. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/bristow_041229.html

General Manager Allan Bristow On Jim Jackson’s Suspension

“What I’d like to do is try to explain what has happened in the last 48 hours with David Wesley going there and us getting (Bostjan) Nachbar and Jimmy Jackson. Players have to report to the team they are assigned to in 48 hours. Nachbar reported, but Jim Jackson didn’t. So, we’ve suspended Jimmy Jackson. We’ve had a chance to talk to him last night and we’re certainly hoping in time he’ll realize the Hornet family wants him here, the community wants him here and the coaches want him here. It’s unfortunate it had to come to this. We had to suspend him, but we felt that’s the best thing to do at his time and hopefully he’ll be here soon.”

“One thing I know, when you talk about the Hornets and our record right now, we’re 2-25 and certainly that’s a very discouraging mark. But, over the last 14 years, we’ve been winners. We’ve been .500 or better. We don’t intend to be in this position very long. So we need to turn this thing around. The way you turn this thing around, certainly getting healthy will help, you have to make trades along the way. The ability to make trades is this league is vital to not only to continue to win, but to get things turned around. It gives the community hope, it gives our fans hope and our owner and our management team hope. Trades are a vital part to getting this thing tweaked back. We take trades very seriously and we certainly expect Jim Jackson will change his mind and be here soon.”

“Being in the league 12 years and being 34 years old, being traded is a very traumatic thing for any player. I’ve experienced it, Coach (Byron) Scott has experienced it. Players on our team have either experienced being waived or getting traded. Right now, Jim needs some time about coming here to New Orleans and hopefully he’ll make the right decision to come. We had a conference call last night with myself, coach Scott and Jeff Bower and his agent. The conversation went for about 50 minutes. Jim gave his side and we also had the opportunity to give our feelings about him coming and being a big part of this team. He could come in and start, not only for this year but for next year. We’re looking more for next year, than for this year. With all our injuries and getting everybody back together, Jim Jackson would be a big part of that.”

“We explained to him we have a terrific owner, a terrific community which embraces the team. The owner will do anything to do to win. We just tried to express to Jim that we want him to come here and be a part of this.”

“I don’t want to speculate what if (Jackson doesn’t report in a week or so). We’re hoping that he’ll be here soon and we’ll have to play it day-by-day until he gets here. There is no time line. This is something we weren’t expecting. Hopefully, we’ll look at it tomorrow and the next day and the next day. We’ll just see how this thing evolves.”

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If only Macbeth were still around, SJC wouldn't have to bother poor codell.

:D

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ah, I completely forgot about you, you are also still there :D.

Not your turn, get in line! ;)

18. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

The first thing you mention was a non-event.

The 2nd and 3rd brought in 2 HOFers and Top 50ers.

This is much, much, different.

19. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Where is Macbeth?

I was just wondering if he has found, like me, better places to get his NBA Rockets fix, like with the Magic or Wolves.

Codell needs to just shut up.

Collectively, the player movements for the rockets since JVG got here add up to nothing. A bunch of school children would have done better. Heck my two boys, ages 9 and 8, would have had a better team today. When you add in the mishandling of Ming, I just cannot see the justification for following this team any longer. The passage of time only makes me sicker, I just cannot see the reasoning. Then Pontificator JVG would come and tell me that because Spoon and Padgett want to start, it is affecting the team. Please. They were not starting where they were!

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I just find it funny how black and white everything is to you. I appreciate your conviction to your beliefs. I just find it funny reading your posts that have such certainty and authority when you literally have no idea what the truth is and when someone disagrees, you pound them as if you do. That's just funny to me.

My "I heard hole?" LOL! That is hilarious. Good one. :D