1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ, Boki traded to New Orleans for Wesley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Phizz3l

Phizz3l Contributing Member

Thank you

2. Luis Alvarez

Luis Alvarez Member

NOOO JUST LOGED ON AND I SEE JJ AND BOKI ARE GONE WHAT WAS CD THINKING I HOPE THERE IS ANOTHER DEAL IN THE WORKS SOME WHERE:mad:

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I think JVG is one of these coaches that is opposed to assigning roles to his guards like PG and 2G. He just looks at all these guys as guards. They should all be able to make entry passes to Yao, hit open shots from the outside, drive when the defense plays too tight, make passes to the open player, and play defense within the patented Gundy system.

I haven't really seen the need for one guy to bring the ball up and initiate the offense in this system and if all these guys are capable of bringing the ball down court then it should create some fast breaks. Oh yeah, I forgot all these guys are pushing walkers and wheel chairs. JK

I will wait and see how this turns out but I hate to see JJ go and I don't think that we have a more complete team with Wesley.

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Charlie asked him about JJ not reporting and he said he talked to his agent and JJ was disappointed. CD didn't really go into detail about it. Sorry I didn't listen to all of it so I don't know what else he said.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When Jackson got hurt earlier in the season I think we won 4 games in a row. JJ was great last year, this year? Not so much. I'm shocked that people are so shocked.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

According to h-hype :rolleyes: Wesley has another year to go like JJ but Wes is making $486,120 more than JJ+ Boki combined this season. So Rox had to give up more than those two players?

7. blabla

blabla Contributing Member

I agree. JJ missed a lot of open shots and his performance was not inconsistent. The shock is overrated because the trade happened just after his best game of this season.

8. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

This is the worst trade ever. I went from loving the rockets a year ago to being optimistic in the beginning of the season and now I'm just wishing to turn back time to have the old rockets back. This team is not the rockets.

9. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

I thought someone said Wesley was a free agent after this year??

10. clove

clove Contributing Member

I hope JJ gets his physical done soon.

If Wesley can't play tommorrow, we don't have a point guard.

11. dragonsnake

dragonsnake Contributing Member

The more I think about it, the more I think this may not be a bad trade after all.

People keep saying JJ is a team leader of this team, but if we keep questioning the player's effort on the court, the team leader may not be an effective team leader after all. So don't overestimate JJ's leadership role on the team. We do win some games without JJ on the court.

The trade basically forces T-mac and Yao to fit in the team leaders role right now, whether they like it or not, which is not a bad thing either. I mean the sooner these two guys can become really leaders of the team, the better results w'll get in the future.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks. I hadn't really thought about that. I think the results of these last couple of trades will quite all of this.

Here comes a winning streak!

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kind of a mixed message there.

Our PF's are great but we've been on the phones all day trying to trade them. :D

14. Gladiator

Gladiator Contributing Member

I'm thinking we could have gotten more for JJ... I like Wesly, but I feel like Wesley for JJ is a bad trade, much less giving up Boki. Not that I really liked Boki, but who the hell is going to play small forward? All the moves we've made this season have been for guards basically. Did CD and JVG forget our powerforwards suck?

15. clove

Tmac and Yao are not ready to be the leaders, yet.

They don't even want to be.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Charlie Ward better have gotten his knee injury after signing with the Rox otherwise he has forced this trade and that is unacceptable :mad:

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

We didn't have one before the trade. We don't have one now. JVG doesn't need a PG or a PF he's going to b!tch his way to the playoffs.

18. New Jack

New Jack Member

That is what really disappoints me the most. It's not that Wesley is a bad player or a bad fit here, it's knowing that this very well could be the last move ther Rockets are going to be able to make and this is all they could get.

Who else on the team can we trade? Boki and JJ were all that were left. At the very least, the Rockets should have waited until the trade deadline to see if any other teams get desperate. The Wesley trade should have been an absolute last resort. They should have went to the Hornets and said “Give us until the trade deadline”, and if the Hornets refused, oh well, it’s not like Wesley is a star player or anything.

19. clove

At least Sura played yesterday. It sounds like he'll be out for a while.

20. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Rox want faster game to match NBA product right now. Wes gives that better than jj and my hero.