1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

FIRE GUNDY !!!

He talks about his players playing with fire and intensity yet refuses to pick up a Tech. when it seems obvious that the refs are calling a bad game. There was also a two min. stretch in the 4th quarter when both Yao and T-mac were on the bench. :mad: :mad:

2. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

This is FUNNY. Why? Because, last season everyone was BLAMING STEVE FRANCIS for all the loses, troubles and starting threads like "TRADE FRANCIS". And now you want JVG out. Makes me laugh. It is proven that JVG isnt the right coach for the Rockets. He limits star players from their abilities, like he did Steve, like he is doing to TMAC. JVG, has yet to realize Yao isn't Patrick Ewing, Shaq, or Hakeem, etc, he is FAR from those type of players. He isnt ready to care NO TEAM right now. You cant just slap washed up Knick players and expect to win. The offense should be more balanced, more running and less walking it up. I can seriously fall asleep just watching the Rocks offense. It is terrible, boring, and it is NOT working. How are you gonna trade half your roster for Tmac and not use him? Absurd, if you ask me. If the rockets, dont balance out the offense and SPEED the game up, they will not make the playoffs. The west is too good for having medicore teams make i, and the Rockets right now are medicore.

3. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Just another moron who likes to bash Yao whenever he could. Guess T-Mac wasn't able "to care NO TEAM" when Yao was in foul trouble like tonight.

#243 gotoloveit2, Dec 18, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Umm, you do realize we've been pushing the ball more the last few games, running more... I mean we did have something like 10 fast break points tonight...and we have scored 100 pts the past two games and above 90 the last three. Maybe its just cause we're playing bad teams, but there has been a little difference.

Its funny how this thread resurfaces again after we just lost...but not a peep during the two game winstreak.

And fyi... tonight's loss was not because of JVG... how bout looking to those players who were out there on that court and let an 11pt lead slip away.

5. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

^ yeah, two game winning streak against WHO? ATL & WARRIORS? Yeah..Great job JVG, you beat 2 of the worst teams in the NBA. What has he showed this year, that they should keep him the coach of the Houston Rockets? Please tell me.

Also, they better make a trade for a PG, because Charlie Ward & Bobby Sura isnt gonna take the rockets anywhere. By the way, Juwan Howard is a bum.

Yeah, I hate Yao Ming. Your the moron, I dont bash Yao at all, I happen to be one of his biggest fans, but lets be real, He isnt ready to lead anything. Thats the damn truth, your just too damn igornant to see it. Yao isnt even in his prime at all, so no he isnt ready. Dude has be way more tough, I can probably body Yao in the post. He is still playing way too soft for being that big. I swear he never grabs hold of balls at times and it gets me frustrated as hell. GRAB THE DAMN BALL, your 7'6!! Yeah, he lead the team to an EXPANSION TEAM being up double digits, great job LEADER....

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This team has not gotten any better since the start of the season. And for that Jeff Van r****d is to blame.

FIRE GUNDY!!!!!!

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Where have you guys been?

8. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

I am continuously strengthening my dismay and dislike for JVG and his ineffective substiutions and what I believe is poor coaching but, you make a good point about looking to those players.

I did not watch the game, but I listened to it on the radio and what upset me about this team was it's inability to score any points for the first 5 or 6 min of the 4th quarter and let Charlotte back into the game... just a horrible stretch of poor offense and NON-execution. :mad:

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, last year SF3 was the anti-Christ and this year it's JVG.

Wow! And I though this was just happening to me! Well, look at the bright side: At least you're getting your rest...

10. edc

edc Contributing Member

check the dates. There were plenty of posts to this thread between December 15-17.

11. edc

edc Contributing Member

Christmas Shopping.

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

Are any more words even necessary?

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Nope. This team is out of excuses. Van Gundy needs to go NOW!

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not calling for Van Gundy to be fired but he is doing a bad job.
    Last year he was making neccessary substitutions which were helpful but he seems to be clueless right now.

15. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

And the "I hate Van Gundy" club continues to grow! :D

16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

17. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He did a great job of play calling at the end of the game tonight.

:rolleyes:

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have been in the fire JVG club all year.

DD

20. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

FIRE GUNDY !!!! This loss is has to be blamed on the coach. He did a horrible job of getting his team ready for this game. :mad: :mad: :mad: