1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T's Lakers are more fun to watch than JVG's Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charvo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Exactly. Last night's game was probably the best performance of the laker's this season. We were actually an enteratainning team if you just saw us play Dallas first time.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

yeah last nights game is the only game that i can think of that they actually played well. The rest of the season they have been just getting by and winning and it hasn't been the best basketball at all.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i agree, the lakers are no orlando when it comes to excitement. the rockets last few years under rudy (hell, the championship years) weren't that exciting either in terms of up and down fastbreak, high-flying ball. but just like san antonio, unexciting but efficient and winning is always good. not that the lakers are winning like that right now, but at least they're 13-9.

of course, kobe does give you a few highlights every night so that's nice.

as for the topic of the thread, reading the dictionary is more fun that watching jvg's rockets.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hogging the ball to the tune of 7 assists a game, #8 in the league.

6. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

This post has almost brought tears to my eyes.

7. bbfan

bbfan Member

Wow, it's just amazing the difference in mentality between the Lakers and Rockets fans. Over here, everyone is calling for Rudy's head because of his giving too much freedom to Kobe and his lack of emphasis for defense. Perhaps we could do a handshake one-for-one coaching swap, right about now? :D

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Lakers should have known what they were getting when they went after Rudy. That was his reputation and i am sure that was why Kobe was so happy to have him there.

Kobe knew with a coach like Rudy that he would be able to do what he wanted and take over the team.

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

trust me, i live in los angeles...they're not fun to watch. Maybe my vision of lakers basketball is skewed because i hate them so much (primarily kobe), but it's nothing that you would call fun to watch. It seriously is either:

Iso/pick and roll for kobe, with brian cook stepping back for the top of the arc three ball

or post up lamar odom/ let him face up iso style.

post up mihm

or let tierre brown go And1 on his guy and dish it off <------- this one is probably "fun to watch" for us non-laker fans.

10. edc

edc Contributing Member

Throw in the owners and you've got yourself a deal.

11. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

YOU THINK?

Watching wet paint dry on a wall is more exciting than watching the JVG coached rockets.

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

:p

Only 9 points in the 4th. Aweful - I hate it when the iso offense stalls against a Mike Fratello D ;)

More

13. clove

clove Contributing Member

lol. That's dirty Fegwu. I like it, but it's dirty.

14. Fegwu

Can you imagine that Tracy and Yao combined to scored 73 points on Monday while LA could only manage 72 on the same night? If you dare visit the Lakers forum you will find it even more amuzing.

Fire Rudy T thread

Inventory time

So much for Rudy magic. Moral of this post - Rudy is a legend but every team has their problems including his.

#54 Fegwu, Dec 21, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I saw that and remembered this thread... good that we have people on the other side of the fence. People want to fire JVG for not scoring in the high 90's, for not winning consistently, for never having coached a player that averages more than 20 points. And slowly those people fade...

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I was going to stay out of this thread until I read this. IMHO, you have managed to sum up the Lakers' offense in 1 short post. I recently taped a Lakers' game and easily 50% of every half-court set was a 1 strongside, 4 weakside ISO for Kobe or Odom, 5-10% was a Brian Cook 3, 5-10% was a Tierre Brown drive and kick out.

The only thing remotely "exciting" about what I saw would be that Kobe and Odom are better 1on1 offensive players than Francis and Mobley. I guess if players being "instinctually creative" trips you're trigger...

17. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Lakers might have the worst offensive scheme in the NBA. When Kobe AND another Laker don't go nuclear, they don't have a prayer. If Kobe has a bad game they are dead in the water with nochance at victory, if Kobe is going and noone else does they have a 25% chance at winning depending on the oppositions play.

18. Fegwu

Here is PS. report from the Memphis game by a Laker Fan similar to your take;