1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/11/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2004.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I expect them to win this game... If they don't it won't bother me anyway, I don't think anything negative about them will bother me for a few days.

Rockets 90
    Mavericks 88

T-Mac and Yao score 60+, grab 16 boards and dish out 8 assists, Sura gets 8 more boards and 5 more assists, JJ hits 4 threes, Deke blocks 3 shots, Juwon still stinks.

2. DnD

DnD Member

I just hope we stay competitive and keep the game close.

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

TMac will be held to 1-20 shooting before going 9-9 for 3s within the last 90 seconds. Of course, there will be 3 4-point plays with victims varying from Dirk and Finley. The Rockets go on a 30-5 run in the last two minutes to beat their opponents by 2.

After the game, ESPN officially hands TMac the clutchest player in the last minute title. This board will roar and be closed to non contributing fans for a week.

And Mo/Howard combines for 1-18 shooting along with 5 boards, while holding Dirk to 15-18 shooting from the floor.

At the press conference, JVG will praise our powerless PF for their fearless D on Dirk!

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

This will be a close game.

Will Dirk have the same game he had last time? I hope not. It would be totally rad if we won this one.

5. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Our power forwards have got to step up and at the very least make it tough for Dirk to shoot. Yao's got to have a solid outing in this game! He's had a bit of trouble with Dampier in the past. And T-Mac has to simply be T-Mac. With some Solid D and a consistent Yao, I think we can pull this off.

6. lalala902102001

We'll win if we can find a way to contain Dirk, which isn't the easiest thing to do in the world, especially with our "power" forward combo of Juwon and Mo.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

New Attitude carry over game.

Rocks 111
    Mavs 88

DD

8. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

I'll be at the game so of course I'll predict a win :p

we comeoff the san antonio win strong...

tmac 35 pts, Yao 24 and Jackson in a wheelchair scores 18

rockets win 105-102

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

BRING IT ON!!

10. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Since I posted first in the last game thread I thought it would be good luck I start this one.

Houston is coming off a miraculous comeback win against the Spurs and I dont need to recap TMac's play since its all over the place. The positives are that Houston's big Two (Yao and TMac) both had a great game [21 - 44 47%] while the rest of the team stuggled [8 - 38 21%] and we still won. This is our 4th game in a row of out rebounding our opponents and we have a nice 3 game winning streak.

Dallas lost last night to Seattle (as did the Spurs 2 nights ago) and I hope we get a similar result by beating Dallas on our home court. Interesting note is that Seattle (not a strong rebounding team) outrebounded Dallas 47 - 35 and picked up 17 offensive rebounds.

MFinley has been reactivated and doesnt seem to have any rust scoring 19 points. Im hoping Dallas is in an adjustment period trying to reincorporate MFinley and throwing off the chemistry of the team.

Our last game with Dallas was a shootout between Dirk and TMac with the Mavs pulling out the win in OT (Yao fouled out).. We need to stay true to ourselves and not get sucked into playing at the Mav's pace. I dreamnt a big win for the Rox at home in front of a sold out TC crowd.

Rox - 101
    Mavs - 95

Yao - 38pts/20rebs/11blks
    TMac - 44pts/10rebs/11assists

JVG reactivates Boki from the IL to start in the place off JJ and scores 15 pts ..

If we can somehow play our lock down defense (while not sending everyone to the FT line) and contine to knock down our wide open shots we could become unstoppable.

We have been outrebounding our opponents for 4 straight games which is very interesting. Our defensive rebounding has always been average but our offensive rebounding is poor. Lately we are doing both and most of our offensive rebounds come from hustle *loose balls, tips etc.

I hope Yao and Tmac can sustain their level of play and it seems Tmac is developing that killer instinct I hope some of that rubs off on Yao.. The instinct to just run up the score and just crush the opponents. Yao seems to defer to teammates once he reaches 20pts like he has eaten enough and he wants others to have some. He needs to realize that him scoring alot at an efficient clip will help them win. TMac realizes that but Yao is still learning that.

I read that TMac and Yao have been spending more time together which is nice and I hope they develop a great friendship and greater chemistry on the court.

man im excited about this game I want to see if we can continue playing at a higher level and run up a nice winning streak.

J

Go Yao . Go TMac . Go Super Duper Backup Bench Brigade.

11. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

"I read that TMac and Yao have been spending more time together which is nice and I hope they develop a great friendship and greater chemistry on the court."

where did you read that?

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88060

The first article

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We win...and Dirk can't keep up with T-Mac this time =)

14. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Hopefully we don't have the same refs as last game against the Mavs. Man, you couldn't even breathe on Dirk last time. If you even thought about playing D it was a foul.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lets keep the wheels a rollin.

Rox win again. Extend streak. Suddenly this team shows its EMOTIONS revealing that it truly has HEART.

Let's go Rox! You have sucked me in....

GO ROX!

16. imaham259

imaham259 Member

Finely is back ...

but Yao's brace is finally coming off...

ROX win by 4 points!

17. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Rockets 95
    Mavs 91

GO ROCKETS!!!
    4 IN A ROW !!! :D

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Hmmm, lets look at this season...

Spurs beat Mavs
    Rockets beat Spurs
    Rockets lost to Mavs (OT on the road)

=

ROCKETS WIN

19. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

Am I the 1st one to say Rockets is going to win big, at least 15 points?

20. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

If Yao have a strong game, we might have a better chance of winning this one.