1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Gore's coming to town

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by grummett, Aug 19, 2000.

1. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Tonight, Gore's riverboat campaign tour docks in my little corner of the world, Clinton, Iowa. He will have a rally at the county courthouse a few very short blocks away from my house. Workers are setting up the stage, the local baker is making Tipper's birthday cake, and Democrats from all over the area are heading into town. Since my wife is a registered Democrat, we've gotten calls from the local Gore 2000 office offering us tickets to the event. Discretion being the better part of valor, I think I'll just sit on my front porch and listen to him and laugh at his silly class envy rhetoric from a safe distance. I'm sure he'll scream loud enough for me to hear anyway and besides, the ability to bite my tongue has never been one of my strong suits. [​IMG]

------------------