1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers-Pistons: The Brawl

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Molotov Cocktail, Nov 19, 2004.

1. rolando

rolando Member

I've been lurking for awhile but just could not keep quiet on this one.

2. RocketsFanFromLa

I had a lot of love for the Pistons when they won the championship last year. I thought they personified hard work and unity. But, after tonight, and what those jerks from Detroit did, I really can't find a reason to like the Pistons. I don't think that any of the Pacers should be suspended just to send out a message to the stupid fans. I thought Ben Wallace was a better person than that, but I guess that I was wrong. Detroit just showed how stupid they are tonight on national television. Move over Lakers, I have a new most hated team, bring on the Piss-tons.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You guys that are hating on one side or the other are a part of the fan problem. You should be able to see the fault on both sides of this one. Artest behavior is unacceptable. So is Bens. So is the fans. Each one added wood to the fire. Each should pay the consequences and the penalties should be severe and hurt them so as to cause them to think twice, three times, four times, an infinite number of times, and not commit such acts again.

4. KnoxRocketsFan

next week Colts @ Lions... set your tivo...

5. rolando

rolando Member

Guys correct me if im wrong but I think the commentator said that artest clocked the wrong guy.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is exactly what I'm talking about, more THUGGISH NBA junk, and dudes who could care less for Artest blaming it all on the players.

7. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, you can't really hold the Pistons players responsible for their fan's stupidity. It's not like Wallace was telling the fans to kick some Pacers' ass. :)

I'm tired of hearing Jim Gray say "there's a lot of tape..."

Well damn it, let's see that extra tape.

8. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

The Grizz-Kings announcers just said pretty much the same thing. Just an ugly situation all the way around, with a lot of people at fault. But I will gladly admit that if somebody threw beer at me, I'd go after them. It may not be the right thing to do, but in the heat of the moment most people tend to act first and think later.

9. clove

clove Contributing Member

Like I said before to someone else in this thread. Point taken about the cheap shot.

10. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

That's what I heard too, the guy Artest roughed up had this look on his face like " I can't believe that dude threw that at him, hey Ron, it wasn't me, I want my mommy.":D

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, that is why security has to improve. How can a player that is involved in a fight get free enough to get into the stands? And Artest at that? Was security thinking that was Ghandi laying on the scorers table?

12. AB

AB Contributing Member

I heard that too.. that's terrible.. I feel for the poor guy if its true. You pay all that money to come and watch the game and get clocked like that...

13. famicom

famicom Member

You know after several replays, I think he did clock the wrong guy...because when Artest went up into the stands, there was a guy in glasses just yelling and cheering with a drink in his hand already and then Artest just pinned him....did anyone else see this too? I'm not sure if he was the one that threw the beer at him.

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Unless there is a real fire on the court, there is NO "justification" to throwing beer or whatever on the court. We've stooped to the level of soccer fan.

15. clove

This really isn't funny. But it's funny.

16. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

It isn't funny, but that poor guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

Did Artest actually hit him? In the replay I don't see a "punch" from Artest after he jumps in the stands. He is basically swamped by people and taken to the ground. The guy in the white hat (who Jim Gray identifies as the guy who through the cup at Artest) wrestles Artest away from the guy Artest is after and then decideds to take two cheap shots at the back of Artest's head.

Artest does clock that one guy on the court twice though.

18. rolando

rolando Member

That's what I heard too, the guy Artest roughed up had this look on his face like " I can't believe that dude threw that at him, hey Ron, it wasn't me, I want my mommy."

LOL...If that would have been me man me and Ron would have been warrin.

19. clove

I feel for him too. I'm sure Artest has a huge law suit ahead of him though. I'm thinking the guy will get LOTS of money back. Either from NBA, from Artest, or from the Pistons.

20. micah1j

micah1j Member

3) Who is most to blame for Friday night's brawl in Detroit?

52.6% Detroit fans
    32.7% Ron Artest
    8.5% Ben Wallace
    5.6% Detroit security
    0.7% Referees

Total Votes: 26,498