1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actually i have to admit that i miss steve so much!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan.china, Nov 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I miss Buck Johnson.

2. rlambs26

rlambs26 Member

I don't miss him at all...
    We sent him away not because he's not a good player but because he's not fit for the JVG's system. And I believe that Magic is going well because Grant Hill is back. Without him, you would know that he is the same guy that played in Rox.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think so

Rocket River

4. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

Ok, I will remember this quote, We will see if it comes true, if not you'll be roasted!!:mad:

5. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

i agree with u...i think they will be a first round exit too...i think they are being too hyped up...but i do want steve to do good tho im still a fan...but i think most of us havnt even watched orlandos games and are just saying what they see on sports center or something...lol

6. parlaynhustle

oops i mean i agree with the guy who said orlanda will be a first round exit

7. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

MAYBE VAN GUNDY IS THE WRONG FIT????we will be lucky to make the playoffs this year...we traded our 3rd year rebuilding team, to start all over. Welcome to the Houston....Clippers

8. Axeman

Axeman Member

That makes me realize I miss Mobley a lot more than Francis.

9. Axeman

Axeman Member

At the rate the Rockets are going, they'll have a high 1st round pick in the lottery.

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I miss Francis explosiveness. He would make stupid mistakes but then he would make an eye-popping play. The team now just looks too lifeless at times. JVG can't seem to inspire his players and reading that article about him wanting to make them feel his pain makes me worried that he's going to give up on the Rox like he did with the Knicks.

Part of the coach's job is to inspire his players not the other way around. JVG just doesn't seem up for it.

Say what you will about you will about Rudy he never gave up on his players until cancer forced him to.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If I remember correctly this was a multi-player trade, what's your answer to the other part of that question. Who were the better players Cat/Cato or Lue/Howard and are the Rox better or worse in rebounding and shooting the 3.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I miss our "successful" team from last season.

There is no heart....

13. Miggidy Markell

But they also handed the Mavs their first loss and beat the Jazz. Remember.... those games they lost were on back-to-back games.

14. Miggidy Markell

Rudy was very good at inspiring his players and had a good offensive scheme when Hakeem and Barkley were here but he relied heavily on players talent and awareness. The defense was just not there and that's why he wouldn't have gotten us much further then JVG.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER: Not signing Larry Brown last season.

15. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Hands down Cat/Cato! No one can disagree with that

16. rocket3forlife2

ok playing like this where do you think we will be in 20 more games?do you see who and how we are losing too?and Iam sur eyou know by now the west is not gonna wait for us to get our act togeather.

17. tshi6575

tshi6575 Member

No doubt Stevie is doing well in Orlando, just check the stats so far:

Francis T-Mac

MPG: 39.1 39.3
    FG%: .428 .426
    3p%: .250 .324
    FT%: .810 .714
    REB: 8.30 5.00
    APG: 6.4 5.1
    SPG: 1.63 1.38
    BPG: .25 .50
    TO: 4.38 2.75
    PPG: 21.5 20.4

I'm sure sooner or later T-Mac will catchup with the stats, but Francis is doing very well stats wise so far, superior almost all major stat categories (except turnovers and blocks).

BTW, can anyone believe Stevie is averaging more rebounds than Yao Ming right now!!!:eek:

18. parlaynhustle

19. because24

because24 Member

I hated the trade more than anybody. I love the way Steve Franchise play. And I have seen every game he's ever played professionaly; including all his games in Orlando ( except the preseason ). Steve is basically playing the same way he has always played, he hasn't showed any dramatic improvement. I know he will show much improvement as the season goes on and he becomes more comfortable with his new team. The only thing that is currently up are his rebounds; and he's average 8 rebounds before early in a season. Think back to Yao rookie season, the first ten games of the season Franchise averaged 30pts and 8 rebounds on 50 percent scoring. Even one of the moderators on this board were saying this was truly an amazing performance we were seeing by the Franchise.

Anyway many are saying that we lost out on the trade when it comes to Howard and Lue. But Howard has a better rebounding average than Cato for there career and a lot better scorer. Lue on the other hand needs to run to be more effective. I didn't like the trade and really don't care for McGrady. Many on here say how he's better than Francis. In athleticism... I don't think so. Francis beat McGrady in the dunk contest his rookie season and came second only to Vince Carter. McGrady as well has his attributes where he has excel where Francis has not yet, such as keeping turn overs down. But my point is both have there high and lows, but to say McGrady is an all around better player is just bewildering and asinine. McGrady has no heart and will quit on his team and Francis makes bad decisions. Francis will out rebound and assist McGrady yet McGrady will out score Francis.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

so you are the same person?