1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac injured??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Luis Alvarez

Luis Alvarez Member

i hope tracy is going to be alright and i hope plays because i have him on my fantasy team but if hes hurt i rather he rest and be 100 percent for the next 70 something games

2. droxford

droxford Member

God, I hope it's not his groin.

Some of you may remember that Charles Barkley's groin injury from a Shaun Bradley knee basically took Charles out for the season. Even when he came back, he wasn't the same.

I hope it's just his hip.

-- droxford

3. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

omg im gonig to tomorrows game he better be there playing:mad: :mad: :mad:

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

You'd better fricken believe it!!!!!!

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

according to 610 he is not going to be playing against the timberwolves and will be day to day after that with a hip flexor and strained Groin.

T-Mac said he will evaluate himself before tomrrows game and say if he can play but the trainer said he is not going to play.

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The Rockets trainer was on 610 sports. He said T-Mac is definitely out for tomorrows game, that he has a strained groin and strained hip flexor, he will re-evaluate it Friday and take it day by day.

didn't see your post Stack.

#46 Texas Stoke, Nov 10, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  7. AGBee

AGBee Member

T-Mac won't be mised as a new superstar is born: B-Nach.

B-Nach is gonna run all over the Wolves.

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Let's hope the wolves won't front Yao.

Anyways, kandiman is too lazy to front Yao. Johnson too old. KG probably too proud. Madsen too short. EG hasn't played much at all.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Anybody else worried that T-Mac might be injury prone. He doesn't look like the sturdiest guy around.

10. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

No, he plays more than 70 games a year, with exception to last year, and had the magic been in playoff contention, that streak would have continued.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

With T-Mac out, I predict we see a lot more of Mo and Juwan playing together at the same time with Yao.

12. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3128640

Hobbled McGrady says pain has worsened
    Joel Anderson / Associated Press
    Posted: 32 minutes ago

HOUSTON (AP) - Tracy McGrady missed most of the Houston Rockets' practice Wednesday because of nagging hip and groin injuries, though the two-time NBA scoring champ could still play Thursday against Minnesota.

McGrady left midway through the third quarter of Tuesday's game against Memphis with strains in his right hip and groin and didn't return.
    Photo gallery ...
    Courtside celebs

He limped through some shooting drills during practice and said the pain had gotten worse.

"It's a sharp pain with every movement," McGrady said. "It's really limiting me. If I feel I can go, I'll be ready to play. I'm not counting tomorrow out just yet."

McGrady said his hip and groin started bothering him during Friday's game at Memphis.

McGrady, acquired from the Orlando Magic in an offseason trade, played through a similar injury last year, going scoreless in a December game against the New York Knicks. He missed 15 games last year with a variety of injuries.

Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy didn't seem too concerned about the possibility of playing without McGrady for a game or two.

"I haven't even thought about it," Van Gundy said. "If a guy is out, another guy has more of an opportunity. It's not who plays for us, it's how we play."

However, the sight of a hobbled McGrady was unnerving for many of his new teammates.

"We'll have to play more hard," center Yao Ming said. "It will make things different."

Third-year swingman Bostjan Nachbar would replace McGrady in the starting lineup. Nachbar has started only four games in the past two years, and is averaging 4.0 points and 2.5 rebounds in about 16 minutes a game this season.

13. clove

clove Contributing Member

I hope that doesn't happen.

Boki will have a good opportunity to show his stuff.

Yao needs more than 20 shot attempts tommorrow. Going to be an ugly game I think.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Barkley had a hernia/groin tear that came from that injury. T-Mac has a strained groin muscle that is likely the RESULT of his hip flexor injury. He was probably over compensating as we all do when we have a sore muscle and it strained the groin.

He just needs to rest it and get treatment.

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I saw on the news tonight where trainer Keith Jones said he was out for sure against the Twolves and day to day after that.

Then TMac said don't count him out tomorrow, he may wake up and it could feel better. He said it would be a game time decision.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Groin pulls/sports hernias can be very tricky to diagnose and treat. I play Ultimate frisbee and pulled my groin muscle a couple of years ago. It was very persistent injury that did not go away even with much rest. I consulted doctors here in Baltimore that specialized in sports injuries and they were unable to conclusively diagnose the injury as either a groin pull or sports hernia, even with an ultrasound. Ultimately, I began physical therapy and eventually it got better, but the whole process lasted over a year. During that period, when I did play, I was never more 60-70%. All this is to say that Tmac's injury makes me very nervous.

17. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

Well in that case, I guess its good to know Tmac has a hip/groin Sprain instead of a hernia...

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I have been worried about the depth of this team and how the Rox would play if either T-Mac or Yao went down. We are going to see tonight. T-Mac is fragile, he is an athletic guy with a somewhat small frame which I think makes him more fragile. Yao on the other hand, I think is going to be relatively injury free during his career, big frame but doesn't have the mad hops that contribute to injuries.

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Steve Francis isnt injury prone.................

20. cmellon

cmellon Member

He's headache prone.