1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 11/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2004.

1. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Seems like JVG fail again to get the ball to Yao, JVG REALLY needs to learn how to work with Yao.

2. brasss

brasss Member

they need to make a tape of that and send it to stern.

3. dabien1

dabien1 Member

When do we find out about Tmac's injury status for sure?

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

[​IMG]

"McGrady's injured? Nooooooooooooo!"

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Gundy "Which MF ate my cookie!!!?"

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm sure they'll be checking it out throroughly today and we'll probably know something by Thursday's edition of the Chronicle at the latest. If I'm the Rockets, I let T-Mac sit out a couple of games. No reason to jeopardize his health on account of the TWolves or Mavericks.

7. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

The team DID get the ball to Yao. But Yao FAILED to hang on to it!!! :MAD:

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I actually just watched the recorded game and I had to log on to see if I was going crazy. According to the Memphis announcers the Grizzlies got jobbed on just about every single play on both sides of the court. Somehow Memphis ended up with twice as many free throws though.

Sheesh!!! I thought Peg Bundy was sitting on the couch next to me watching the game.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes, we were lucky. Yes, we got the benifit of no calls. Yes, Yao didnt have a particular productive night.
    But, lets stop the negative for a moment.
    Even when we were trailing, I knew Griz was going to blink first. Why? Because we were playing big inside. Points in the paint. Griz got no easy basket. They wanted to run, but Gundy played deep in the clock. This is typical grind-out kind of game that Gundy is masterful at. We didnt win this game just because the Griz sucked. The Griz were actually shooting the lights out in the first half.

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

No kidding. It is amazing how many times I saw Lorenzen Wright with his arm completetly around Yao's waist, yet they call an offensive foul on Yao just trying to get across the paint. I know there are alot of fouls that are Yao's fault (ie: not getting good positioning, biting on a pump fake, etc) but he gets the short end of the stick more often than not. And, it doesn't matter where you are on the court, if a player with the ball blatantly jumps into you to create contact, that is an offensive foul. Not the other way around. What a bad way to go out for Yao.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

12. montevideo

montevideo Contributing Member

I only saw the 4th q and was falling asleep from exhaustion - but I could see that ref's were clueless in this game. The last two calls against Yao were awful - one the offensive foul when he was without the ball and the other Swift jumping into him when Yao was standing straight up with hands straight up.

There was a glimmer of hope tonight. Yao has to take issue with the refs on his own to clear this up - either protesting during the calls or non-calls or later going back and asking the refs to explain their calls or non-calls - he did say something to one of the refs after the 5th offensive foul.

Swift was pushing Yao with forarms and reaching back to the fake inadvertent hold - a la Gasol during the one handed rebound and dunk. (I hope that makes sports center and they show the Gasol hold on the replay.)

Yao was really fighting his opponents through the physical fronts and doubles - as he must - but he's got to fight the refs also - they see him as easy pickins' now because never complains.

To those slamming Yao about 'stones' - he sealed the game with that one handed put back and the fade away over Swift and he just missed the jam off the dribble against Swift - he was clearly trying to put his stamp on the game - looked to me like he was the player that set the tone for the Rockets and was the leader in closing out that game.

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

from the video provided, we could clearly see that gasol was grabbing yao's arm while he went up for rebound... no foul called!!!! what the F was the ref doing??? :mad:

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Sportscenter just said he's at least doubtful for the next game against Minnesota. Don't know after that though..

15. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

16. WinknCatForever

Thanks Rockets2K, that was simply amazing! I like Bill Worrel's enthusiasm, he's absolutely giddy!

17. rocketfan.china

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i just got through watching my recording of the game, was playing halo 2 for too long, and the abuse that yao gets every game is ridiculous. yao is three times the post up player stromile swift yet i can't forsee a combined 2 games in which yao gets 13 free throws let alone one and that's what stromile had tonight.

the refs let yao's defender do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING they want to yao and rarely call a thing. it's total bullsh!t, made even more so when yao is the one who fouls out.

19. artificial

artificial Member

The one hand slam showed Yao needs to keep the ball up whenever he is in the low block.