1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 11/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2004.

1. pinto

pinto Contributing Member

feel bad for Grizzlies...
    0-4, what a terrible start!:confused:
    I started to like Gasol.
    Hope they can win next game.
    :)

2. artificial

artificial Member

The Nuggets are hurting. It might be good for Houston.

3. WinknCatForever

codell, can you give us a summary of JVG's post game quotes, please?

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

I did not watch the game tonight. But I am still glad we did not sign him. He disapeared and did not do much at the game in Memphis though.

5. prlen

prlen Member

why Ref hate yao so much?????

6. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

Yao had a double, double and he did fight hard to try and get position. The Refs in this game was Horrible! but i would not call a double, double ineffective.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its a tuesday, its Memphis, its still November... you'll find that attendance will be sorry all around the league tonight, except places like Sacramento, where there's nothin else to do.

I said it before, and I'll say it again... this team will have to advance far into the playoffs to garner any sort of regular season fan support.

Even the 93-94 Hakeem-led Rockets would only get 9,000 for their November games (when they started 15-0), and they had gone to a game 7 the year before.

8. user

user Member

And he said "Posey is a non factor", didn't he?

9. prlen

prlen Member

when yao dunked the ball,they grasp yao's arms,no foul???

10. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Alll you guys need to STFU no T-mac for almost a half no Yao for the last few mins on a 0-3 playoff team last year and we pull out the win!!! STFU

BE HAPPY!!!

SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER BE HAPPY.... go watch the bulls 70+ win season on tape and STFU!!!!!

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It was just a brief clip... it came in at the end of a statement about T-Mac, and JVG said "I don't try to make those decisions... only a player knows his body, and it's up to Keith and the trainers to advise him."

Then he said he was disappointed in his coaching against the wide open 3-pointer. He said, "I'm a better coach than that."

That was about it... nothing too informative.

12. artificial

artificial Member

With TMac out of the lineup, it's time for Yao to lead.

13. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

Not that bad, the only game Grizzlies shouldn't lost in against Washington, If any teams has scedules like Suns, they will have 4-0 starts and looks like Suns is going for 5-0, but they play all these p***y team, I really can't stand all these people saying how good Suns are!!!!!!!

Wed, Nov 3 Atlanta W 112-82
    Fri, Nov 5 at Philadelphia W 108-98
    Sat, Nov 6 at New Jersey W 112-80
    Tue, Nov 9 at Chicago W 94-74
    Next Five Games
    Wed, Nov 10 at Cleveland 8:00 pm
    :mad:

14. littlefish_220

By my count, Yao has more than 3. some TOs may be counted on passers, but it is primarily his fault.

I am pretty disppointed Yao's play tonight. He just had problem with quick teams. Sometimes I think he need to just catch the ball and shoot over defender, that'll be much better.

-littlefish

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

That doesn't include the multitude of passes that bounced off his hands and the numerous rebounds that were flying straight towards him only to be stolen by a quicker Memphis player.

If you calculated the number of catches he should have made plus the number of actual turnovers it would be 10+

16. prlen

prlen Member

Posey is their leader (more like Finey in Dallas!)
    Poesy injured!

17. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

But that really negates home court advantage, No?

What's the difference between being on the road or home when your attendance is that bad?

We here in the North will often get a sellout even when we have the lowly backwards Raptors playing, with a 5 star player and center up and coming attendance should be better than that.

18. artificial

artificial Member

Yao was extremely active. JJ became a turnover machine. He was obviously fouled in couple dunks.

19. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Yao was grabbed, hacked, and held on every shot, rebound and pass. That's just how it's going to be, so get used to it. Meanwhile, we can enjoy the likes of Chris Bosh and Stromile Swift jumping into the defender, getting slightly bumped and parading to the line for 13 freethrows. Welcome to the new and improved NBA.

20. prlen

prlen Member

Hmm.
    14 11 10+?