1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis Orlando Debut [Wins Game At Buzzer]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cheaprings, Nov 3, 2004.

1. cheaprings

cheaprings Member

Franchise posterization

Franchise with two highlight-reel jams tonight. He also got in an altercation with Zaza Pachulia. Cato had a dunk blocked by the rim.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

And he just won the game at the buzzer.

Took an inbounds pass with the Magic down 1 with 3.6 ticks left, drove and got off a tough layup as time expired. Orlando fans going nuts.

3. cheaprings

cheaprings Member

Franchise with the game winning layup!!!!

Franchise with a lot of questionable plays and shots but at the end he delivered!!!! A driving layup with no time left - Magic win!!!

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Stevie wins the Game on Last shot

Stevie leads orlando to victory with no time left. Orlando's offense looked good with Cato Mobley, the Return of Hill and rookie Dwight Howard. Stevie played a very good unselfish game. Why couldn't he do for the Rockets?

5. acizlan

acizlan Member

congrats to steve!!!

made the game winning shot for the magic

26pts, 9rebs, 7 assists

Magic 1-0

Rockets 0-2

6. asusman103

asusman103 Contributing Member

of course francis gets the game winner...

7. lalala902102001

8. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

9. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

i saw the score when it was 3 seconds left, 91-92...

guess he got that shot...damn!

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

He hated JVG.

11. Just B

Just B Member

Stevie Franchiiiise! OH HELL YEAAAAAH!!!! (sorry i'll contribute more later :D )

12. cheaprings

cheaprings Member

Thanks for editing the thread. I inadvertently posted another topic.

Great start for Steve, he had 9 bounds and 7 assists as well. Cato had his share of blocks and bounds, but Cat had some strange shot selections.

13. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Because JVG wouldn't let him. Go back and look at Steve's numbers when Rudy was the coach and after one year of being under JVG. Given that Steve made the playoffs for first time in his young career. Van Gundy was still too overbearing. I get sick watching us have TMac and all of these other young guys and we run this just terrible to wacth offense that gives you something like 75 ppg. And don't even get me started on the Fast break points.

14. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Francis played with a lot of heart and that Howard kid is my early vote for rookie of the year.

15. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Them Rockets....er...dem Magic looked pretty good tonight, unlike those short old and slow men that JVG likes so much. I still cannot believe that this team passed on better pgs and taller players like BAD and EG. Toronto takes one from the rockets with Woods as the center. You cannot coach height and long arm. Why must I spend time watching Spoon, MoT and Howard who are all short. JVG, I know you are short and have the accompanying complex, but take it from me, height matters.

16. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Man oh man, what a great game. The Magic team looked real good as a whole. I have been a fan of Francis since he was a Maryland and he was what actually got me into watching the Rockets. I'm glad he was traded to ORL though as I go to college in Florida. Francis had 4 dunks in the game, 3 of them were pretty sick, and one of them is gonna be on the SC top ten! It was just sick! Francis looked like he was making pretty good decisions on the fast breaks too. The Magic actually have players who want to run and fill the lanes of fast breaks and it's nice to see that.

On the flip side of the coin, Houston better use McGrady effectively. Because after watching him in Orlando the past couple of years, he can take over a game easily and is one of the most fun players to watch. He needs to be motivated though. It was heartbreaking to see the Magic fall apart last year because the team had no motivation.

I guess I need to buy a Francis Magic jersey replace my Rockets one now :eek:

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The dunk he had OVER Strickland will easily make SportsCenter tonight. That was just wicked!

18. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

"I told coach to come to me (or something like that)"-Francis

Talk about a leader

:eek:

19. rocket3forlife2

I enjoyed watching the magic game more then I did the houston game.our style of play is just boring,its hard to pass on a macgrady,but it hasn't made out team better at all.its looking like the magic got the better end of the deal so far.

20. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

-This is francis talking about the game winning shot