1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What I Am... a Republican

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Nov 2, 2004.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

What I am is what I am, are you what you are or....what?

[​IMG]

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I thought the same thing, I'm glad someone pointed that out. What a bunch of horse****.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I still loves me some Edie Brickell. Still listen to Rubber Bands all the time.

4. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I fear the government. I fear GWB. I fear the figures lurking in the shadow whispering into GWB's ears. The only people truly capable of taking away the "American Way of Life" is not Bin Laden, is not Saddam, it's our government.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

America, like Yao, needs to grow a pair.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

every time i visit Austin I hear that "circle of friends" song on the radio.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Re-read it. He is "a husband of some 52 years." I'm sure he didn't get married at birth, geniuses.:rolleyes:

btw- "And to the Republic, for which it stands..." indicates that we are all Republicans... that is, IF you believe in the pledge of allegiance.

The Republic = the electoral college system.

The Democracy = the pipe dream of a popular vote.

The concepts of both cancel each other out, yet the Republic side always wins, and always will barring any constitutional ammendments.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So what do you do with the testimonies on such places as the Dick Cavett Show, I believe it was, where Kerry implicates himself along with other soldiers of committing war crimes.

You are just stuck on that one piece of video. Kerry was very active; there were other instances of commentary.

Where's your FREAK at now? :D

8. giddyup

If you donate, you can edit. If you have already donated, go ahead and edit.

Tsk, so quick to criticize.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I fear the fro.

Ooops, wrong forum!

10. giddyup

The president does not define Republicanism.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Dick Cavett show, Kerry did talk about war crimes. He mentioned free fire zones. a very large percentage participated in free fire zones. Kerry considered those war crimes. The Govt. did not.

So saying that anyone who paraticipated in free fire zones(the majority) participated in war crimes is different than calling people rapists etc.

Kerry was active in the anti-war movement, and never once did he say that all soldiers were rapists or anything accusing every soldier of those kinds of atrocities. It deosn't matter what testimony or discussion you have from Kerry during that time, he never said it.

12. giddyup

No one said he accused "every" soldier. I was just pointing out to Oski that Kerry's collective testimony before the Senate does not displace or eclipse everything else said.