1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think of ASTROLOGY? [The zodiac]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Oct 23, 2004.

1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I believe in it and know people who also believe in astrology.
    It has more to do with you overall chart than just what sun sign you were born under.
    astrology was also a mandatory subject of learning along time ago circa the middle ages.
    my philosophy is if you keep an open mind you just might learn something.

2. droxford

droxford Member

This is absolutely true, and is part of the reason why I left Christianity many years ago (I have since returned).

-- droxford

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Don't forget bars and sporting events and just about any old place you can think of....

It's a human condition that benefits more from some solutions moreso than others.

4. TraJ

TraJ Member

Bingo!

All people do when they single out certain groups and exclude others is tell us a little about their prejudices.

5. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I have all the traits of a Cancer, which is my sign, but my birthday is on the last day of Cancer, which means that I could possibly fall into Leo too, depending on which source you read but I don't really have any of the Leo traits....

When (if ever) I read my horoscope for a Cancer, it's almost always wrong.... I don't think I've ever read one that's right. Once in a while the Leo horoscope is right.

6. outlaw

outlaw Member

huh? people believe in bars and sporting events?
    all i was saying was why do some people look down on astrology as illogical and silly but hold religion to be sacred and true. Both require leaps of faith.

7. droxford

droxford Member

This might need to be moved to D&D...

People have questions about themselves and humanity: "Why do I feel and act this way? Why do I get along better with some people and not others? Is there any kind of structure to our personalities? What is going to happen to me? Why? " etc.

And when people continue to dwell on these questions, they will find answers. Even if their source doesn't really give them a real answer, they will see it. Like a child who looks at a cloud and sees a recognizeable shape.

They may find their answers in astrology... maybe religion (ome may argue that astrolgy IS a religion)... there are other sources.

I don't believe the questions can be answered. And honestly, I don't have so much desire for the answers that I will force myself to see something that isn't there.

So I don't ask the questions. There's no point in it.

-- droxford

8. Isabel

Isabel Member

This is starting to sound like a D&D thread...

Personally, I don't believe in astrology because I see no evidence for it. I went to college with someone who had the same birthday, the same year, and our lives didn't particularly follow the same pattern. Additionally, "Ferdinand" has an identical twin and they're not the same at all.

My horoscopes seem unrelated to my life. I'm a Pisces, I suppose, but on the last day. So it's sort of borderline Aries. I'm probably the last day of the last sign (the ultimate loser?) but close enough to being the first day of the first sign to keep me hoping. :) Anyway, neither of those two personalities fit.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is my question. So many here are saying . . HELL NAW

But I honestly have it come up at least once a day. Someone will make reference to it. .. .

Alot of people seem to beleive but don't want others to know that they do.

Rocket River
    is this like a Cult?

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Not really but do find it entertaining at times.

Though, it is interesting that I am a Capricorn and was born in the year of the Goat.

RR

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yeah, it really surprises me. Like I said, it's almost 50/50 and usually it's women, but I have met a few guys that were into this stuff.

12. Summer Song Giver

YEAR OF THE ****

/carry on

13. outlaw

outlaw Member

hey! i said that already

14. Summer Song Giver

just restating the facts ;)

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

16. cson

cson Contributing Member