1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Tmac Flourish under Van Gundy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yahooforyao, Oct 22, 2004.

1. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

If the Rockets are no ones team and the team is structured towards winning, then how do we use Mcgrady to its full potential? What I am saying is if we have a team first attitude, i am not expecting Mcgrady to do what he did in Orlando, that is SCORE.

He was so great in Orlando, and flourished his talents, because he was not playing for a team structured towards winning, instead it was all about T-mac, and what he can do. And do you think his lazy habits are going to come back, just as Steve Francis is gonna commit turn overs for Orlando?

And T-mac's "Performance" is what houston envied and was willing to trade Francis+Mobley for, and landed him in houston where he is in a VAN GUNDY system, that is totally tailored differently compared to the system Tmac played for last year. Did we seek for whine yet get poison?

FALSE STATEMENT
    -last years team- (fancis+mobley) + tmacs 28+points/per game = this years team.
    TRUE STATEMENT
    In reality it is Last years team- (fancis+mobley) +tmac under a restricted van gundy offense= this years team
    (in a broad sense)
    :confused:

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

by the looks of the preseason games, I'm not so sure JVG is the restricting factor on offense. Maybe the fact that we were starting 2 centers and 3 shooting guards last year had more to do with it. Now that we have decent team oriented players, the offense looks much better. It's amazing how easily Tmac gets inside the defense and finds wide open shooters. He doesn't even have to leave his feet to do this. Overall, Tmac is such a heady player i think he'll do just fine.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

What TMac did in Orlando was lose. If you want a stat padder, then be happy with superstars on sub-mediocore teams. What lazy habits are you talking about? You think scoring nearly 30 pts a game is being lazy?

Tmac's talent is what Houston traded for, noone trades for a guy whose performance included a 20 win season.

Here is a True statement for you. You don't understand basketball. You are just setting the table so you can complain and whine about TMac in the regular season.

You did a double whammy of not only annoying me with your negativity but also your horrendous grammar which forced me to read your post twice before I could figure out what you were saying. If you are a Yao only fan, plz go away, honestly its almost your thrid year of rooting for Yao on as a Rox player, can we stop putting all the blame on the SGs? I dunno if thats what you're doing, but it sure as hell sounds to me like you're setting TMac up to be the scapegoat for all of Yao's future screw ups.

#4 hotballa, Oct 22, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

6. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

I'm not a yao only fan, but isnt that what people did when Francis and Mobley was in houston, that is put all the blame on them.

7. Charvo

Charvo Member

TMac can post up.

8. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

well i know its only a preseason game but t-mac looked like he flourished last night against the bulls (27pts).. along with yao making 20pts.. I don't see JVG making too big of a impact that hurts t-macs special abilities. I'm sure when the team game is putting them in a hole that he will let t-mac loose and does what he does best and thats score. Hopefully running the team-based offense will never let us have to go to that. I just cant see us down by 14 in the fourth quarter with yao in foul trouble and t-mac still creating for padgett on the wing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p He won't be let loose a whole game i can tell you that, but i'm sure there will be waves of him "taking over"