1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stanford is goin places people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jerinrulz, Mar 13, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

[​IMG] tru dat [​IMG]

uconn, duke, cincy, & arizona got some tight ones too

2. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

so u think stanfords goin newhere?

3. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Yeah, BK is was a little bit of a low blow. Though I always, or mostly always, route for Big 10 teams to lose, they get so overhyped just about every year in every sports. I guess most of the national journalists come from there.

Objectively though, OSU and MSU are darned good teams this year. But I like Stanford chances better than OSU, though either team could very easily lose in the sweet 16 (Ciny, Tenn or UConn are all recently underachiving, yet loaded teams with quickness). This is absolutely the hardest bracket to call, IMHO.

Oh, Lee was a pretty good college player, but he absolutely couldn't hang with Bibby or Terry and didn't play so well againt El-Amen either. Most good or even very good 6 ft college guards are bound for the CBA or foreign leagues--as I am sure he is.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited March 14, 2000).]

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Stanford forward/guard Ryan Mendez spent his first 14 years of his life in Katy, Texas.

That means he will win it this year.

Just like UCONN center Jake Voskuhl won it last year. Because he's spent the past 10 years of his life in Katy.

[​IMG]

5. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I have watched Stanford plenty. They are not overrated and they are an outstanding team. But I do think they will run into a team with too much individual quickness, and they will be out. The teams that have most easily handled them the last 3 years--UConn, Kentucky & Arizona--have been teams completely loaded with quickness and individual playmaking ability that Stanford just couldn't match up with.

However I think way to many people are on the Ohio State "badwagon", after all I think they lost to a loser big 10 team early in their turney. This is a wide open braket, where I think even UConn or Tenn could come out. Those teams are every bit as dangerous as OSU, it just depends who can snap out of their funk. Cincy might have something to prove as well, it is not like they are scrubs after Martin. This is the toughest bracket to call by far, the top 5 teams are all sort of limping in.

My pick would be Arizona as well if Woods can at least show up by the Sweet 16 (big ? right now). This team has like a 8-2 record against top 25 teams, many of those games without Jefferson and/or Woods. They will be scary if they can ever get all their guys back.

And yes it is "Arthur" Lee. A very good college player who will have his pro career outside of the NBA.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited March 14, 2000).]

6. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

Arthur Lee: u dont think hes good enough for the NBA, and is he still in college?