1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 10/23/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2024.

1. ThinkBigRoc

ThinkBigRoc Member

This team is physically weak without Brooks, and Amen on the court and Adams not being available compounded our inferior physicality. The Rockets got man handled in the second half. They were pushed off their spot and bullied for rebounds in said second half. It's a running theme for this team. They need some dogs out there on the floor. Adams will instantly change the soft narrative of this squad after he steps on the court as a Rocket.

2. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Yes please

Dobbizzle and PeterKingX like this.
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

They might need more, send them Jabroni as well.

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

yeah this is basically what I saw. The only thing I’d add is that I think Ime was a step behind the Hornets coach making adjustments.

I was really disappointed Bari basically disappeared. I’m starting to worry he just doesn’t have the killer instinct. I already know he can’t create. If he’s not gonna shoot it at a high level, what are we doing? Jalen’s defensive effort was great but he still looks like a bad shooter. I hate that we are tethered to him for 3 more years at $36 mil that he doesn’t close to deserve. I get annoyed with Dillon’s tunnel vision hero ball. Yeah Fred didn’t shoot well, but I doubt anyone is really concerned with Fred. I’m not. Sengun made mistakes but he does look like he’s on his way to the all star game this year. Amen was great; he needs to play at least 36 min a game. I’m gonna be patient with Tari and Reed.

I’ll say it. I don’t like our starting 5 and I don’t think they fit together well. I thought that going back to last year.

also stating the obvious: we still can’t shoot ;)

wlekfjv923n and daywalker02 like this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden would feed Amen to be an all star player.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do believe strongly that Reed will shoot better but to name him the Messiah.....ain't right.

One guy who is a rookie to save all the young veterans?

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And Sengun, and Jalen (see Maxey.) Imagine Amen as a lob-threat for Beard? Hell, imagine Amen, Jalen and Cam in general as lob threats for Beard?

PeterKingX likes this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Capela knows the lob threats from Beard.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What happened tonight was that the rockets players, like the fans on this board, got super hype during the 1st half thinking the team was hot sh*t. Then they stopped executing, guys like Jalen started to heat check and then they were flat rest of the way. I'm not super concerned.

10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Ime mentioned we’d pick up the pace this year, but it feels like we’re still playing at the same slow tempo as last season. It’s frustrating because we’re clearly better when we push the ball and keep it moving quickly

11. albuster

albuster Member

I totally agree with this. I was screaming at the TV as Alpi was being hacked virtually every time he was in scoring position. If this was LeBron or any other "superstar" he would have been on the free throw line all evening.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Thank you!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Choke city

RB713 and DeBeards like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If you want Uptempo Offense, No Clogging the Paint by Alperen Sengun. The Balance needs to be better.

4th Quarter
    PG Reed Sheppard
    SG Jalen Green
    SF Amen Thompson
    PF Cam Whitmore
    C Jabari Smith/ Tari Eason

Richard Barrow likes this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

There were also points in the game where the players looked exhausted and Ime left them out there to keep jacking shots.

albuster and roslolian like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not sure why its Jabari fault people dont pass him the ball.

17. invocux

invocux Member

I'm still pissed about the L

persian hoopa likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree we are the deepest team in the L look at the mpg stil played the main guys iver 30 mins.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Empty stats against a scrub team (Remember that was the excuse in our 10 game winning streak for Jalen last year). When it counted Sengun was unreliable & out muscled by a 6'6 small forward. THIS is our best player?

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

It’s just one game and the loss is on Ime’s rotations. As I feared, Ime just can’t help himself when it comes to Fred and Dillon. Fred is going to be fine, but it was obvious he was off with his shot. Dillon getting 31 mins to Amen’s 22 is ridiculous, especially since Amen is the ideal guy to guard LaMelo. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait half a season or for an injury for Ime to wake up and use meritocracy instead of seniority to get the rotations going. Stone should have saved Ime from himself and gotten rid of Dillon in the off-season.