1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are you voting for?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Oct 18, 2024.

?

Who are you voting for?

This poll will close on Nov 17, 2024 at 3:12 PM.
  1. Donald Trump

25.5%
  2. Kamala Harris

72.3%
  3. Chase Oliver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. RFKjr?

2.1%
  1. calurker

calurker Member

Eh...you probably want to take down your admission....

18 U.S. Code § 597 - Expenditures to influence voting | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
    52 U.S. Code § 10307 - Prohibited acts | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

rocketsjudoka and Nook like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

It was all in jest in response to what I know some overly zealous PAC’s are doing with their money.

I don’t pay my employees to vote or vote for any particular candidate. I do give them a day off on Election Day though if they vote or tell me they don’t feel informed enough to vote but want off…

My larger point is that ruling by the SCOTUS has allowed this to happen, and it isn’t good for the country -

4. Qan

Qan Member

Myself, my wife, my late grandparents, my wife's late father, and her late grandparents are voting for Harris.

Agent94, seemoreroyals, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like Trump as a person and he is annoying af. I do like many of his policies over Biden/Harris. I hate that I am labeled racist because of this.

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Man, as long as you vote your conscious it's all good. I do wish the gop had put a different candidate out there like Haley or Christie, as an Independant I was ready to listen, but I can't vote for the man they have out there now. Doesn't make me good and you bad, it just makes us different and that's OK

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

LOL :D

Andre0087 likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Tarrant County reports one ballot did not correctly reflect voter’s choice for president

A printed ballot did not correctly reflect a voter’s choice for president on Monday, Oct. 21, the first day of early voting, according to Tarrant County.

Rest: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article294357869.html

Sigh...too soon but we're having problems in my county also. If I went into details after speaking with an election official...well I probably would bring nothing positive to the conversation at hand.

Nook likes this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I know you're not a racist, maybe a bit delusional but not that....just my opinion.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I have empathy for you. It puts you in a tough spot. Everyone says “how can you vote for him” - but it is very hard to vote for someone that politically is the opposite of your political views (abortion, spending, social issues). I don’t have an answer for you.

I would for example vote for a moderate Republican over a corrupt Democrat - I admit though, abortion for example would be an issue that would be hard to swallow as I am very pro choice.

I am in a very affluent area of the suburbs in Chicago. These voters 8 years ago went for Trump and there were flags and signs everywhere. Then 4 years ago I saw less Trump signs but still a decent amount. Now - I see maybe two or three Trump signs, but see a lot of Harris signs… doesn’t mean Harris wins, but it does tell me that the enthusiasm for him from upper middle class voters in the mid west is gone- I think a lot of them probably hold their nose and vote for him but there is no pride or bravado like in the past…. I get the sense America is getting sick of Democrats and Republicans.

11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't get out the late great-grandarents vote,huh? Pity.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not all Harris voters are labeling you a racist if you vote for Trump - not at all. My parents are voting for Trump (I think), and I don't consider them racists.

Maybe we all have to overlook a ton to vote for any human for such an important job. I do think there's a record amount of overlooking someone paying attention has to do, to vote for Trump, but if he wins, we all just have to hope many of his stated worst tendencies (vengeance against detractors, mass deportations, crippling tariffs, etc.) is just rhetoric. I wasn't willing to take that risk, but I'm not going to call you names if you disagree. Cheers.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You can vote for whoever you wish. It doesn't mean you're a racist. Voting for Trump does mean that you are willing to overlook racism to vote for Trump. And perhaps that means the other policy issues are more important to you than Trump's racism. It doesn't make you a racist. It sucks that the climate has grown so divided that people would make that judgment based on the candidate for which you vote.

ROCKSS, Xopher and rocketsjudoka like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Where as I just love being called a woke lefty who is soft on terror, and has secret ties to the PRC for my support of Harris’ policies over Trump!:rolleyes:

15. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

That would make you an enemy of the people.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would totally vote for a moderate Republican. I probably would have voted for Kasich and would have voted for McCain (Sans Palin). If Trump was just a lazy ass, I could deal with it. It's that he's done some unrepairable things to this country culturally and put a horrible person on the Supreme court. That and the fact he literally blows Putin on the daily makes him unfit for any office.

Agent94, DaDakota, ROCKSS and 3 others like this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

My ancestors are voting for Harris, as well as my dead dog Rocky.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Explainer here:

B-Bob likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

At least your ancestors could vote.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I wonder which one of his ancestors ate a whole bucket of lead paint.

B-Bob, Xopher, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.