1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Week 7 Texans @ Packers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2024.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

a lot of things on this offense has really become predictable. last year, opposing team don't really know what stroud was going to do even though the running game was somewhat non-existent.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Idk why. It's not like the Texans or Packers are bad teams. They didn't play their best, but it was an away game that came down to a last second FG. I'm not even trippin. They'll likely win the division and host a playoff game or two. Look long term, not short term.

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

At least somebody won today!

Congrats to you and the team!

[​IMG]

MadMax likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Member

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Meanwhile when the defense puts more than 4 on the line of scrimmage, opposing QBs see it and dissect it (unless it's Caleb Williams). Doesn't mean it's always a completion but the pressure almost never seems to get there.

6. plates300

plates300 Member

Honestly, not upset at the loss. More so upset because the o-line did nothing to protect CJ. CJ has been covering up for the o-line for a while now and we all knew it was only a matter of time before today happened. O-line should be ashamed of what happened today. The defense without four starters held in as best they could and the offense couldn't do anything. Hopefully, they find a way to make it work for the rest of the season.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Chris Strausser, the O-line coach still having a job is a joke. I know Slowik's job isn't in any danger at all but he needs to be put on notice too. Tired of people saying "it's not his fault the O-line sucks!" Pass protection, run-blocking, poor play-calling, that's him and his awful scheme. We'll block with 7 guys and a free rusher is somehow still in CJ's grill in a millisecond. The incompetency is off the charts.

ROCKSS, Two Sandwiches and plates300 like this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Member

Watch the games, not the box score. GB had 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box. It’s strictly a lack of short slants, screens, etc. killing our O when there’s heavy pressure all game.

Mixon is a beast and can literally win games when teams stack the line of scrimmage with good blocking from the Oline and TEs. Our WRs have to run slants and it appears our OC schemes are heavy on Mixon run counters and WR verticals.. and that doesn’t work when you have a blitz 60% of the time.

T_Man likes this.
  9. PackerNation

PackerNation Member

The Packers blitzed a total of 4 times during the game. Learn the game of football then come back and talk football.

10. PackerNation

PackerNation Member

As I said earlier. Good game.

When the Packers lost Quay Walker(LB) early in the game, that was a big blow. Tough already without Devonte Wyatt. Then on offense with AJ Dillon and Luke Musgrave on IR it gets tough, but it's next man up. No excuses. Every team has injuries.

Well coached game by Haf(DC) and LaFleur.

J-Love needs to stop the picks. And the special teams blunder was unacceptable. The game isn't close without 3 turnovers. That can't happen.

2 real good teams in a dogfight. That makes for a good game.

I enjoyed it...Lambeau was on fire. Crowd helped get the dub.

Good luck to the Texans players and staff the rest of the way.

OneTeamOneNation
    PackerNation!
    #GoPackGo!

#1470 PackerNation, Oct 21, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2024
  11. PackerNation

PackerNation Member

12. PackerNation

PackerNation Member

This week the Jags...

Keep focused. Long season.

Best division in football won't be easy to win. But we have been the Kings Of The North for decades for a reason.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Jordan Love is basically Brett Favre reincarnated. Pretty fun to watch I must say.

As unbiased as I can be, he 100% has a lot to work on decision making wise before the Packers are favorites over the Lions in my eyes.

Easily could have had 4/5 picks today.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Fire someone. Anybody.

15. PackerNation

PackerNation Member

As I said, J-Love can't have 2 picks, and he knows that. You can dream about more turnovers yesterday if you want. The fact of the matter is that the Pack blows the Texans out without those 3 turnovers.

Stroud has more than plenty to work on. He is a good QB, but the Packers D rattled him. He is not top 5 in the league by any stretch of the imagination. For both he and J-Love the sky is limit. When all is said and done I do believe J-Love will have had the better career. You can have your own opinion.

I could not care less who you think are the favorites in the best division in football. "Unbiased" my a$$. Your team just got beat. You are butthurt. Facts.
    Of course you are going to try to and steal some thunder from Green Bay. That is fine. Look who has owned the North for decades. Yes, it's a tough division, but the Kings Of The North have always been in Green Bay.

The Texans are in one of the worst divisions in football, and they need to worry about winning that.

As I said earlier, I wish the Texans well the rest of the way.

Good luck to you also and farewell. I am not going to go back and forth with a bunch of clowns who spewed drivel all week. It's good for a laugh, but now totally irrelevant.

The Pack has moved on. And Packer Nation has moved on. Bigger fish to fry.

OneTeamOneNation
    PackerNation!

16. conquistador#11

Not the same. Losing Nico is like the packers losing all 3 receivers but carry on.
    The replacements on the defensive end were outstanding. No one is saying they lost because of them.
    They lost because the coaching staff is still Green, and Le'fleuhhh has been in the game for decades. Original 'piss boy' on the Texans. That was their nickname here.

jch1911 likes this.
  17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Jordan Love was the reason the Texans were in the game yesterday. He’s largely a by product of Matt Lafleur. Throwing to easy reads via design but when pressured he heaves up and prayers. Love may have a better statistical career. He won’t win more than Stroud though. He is a bad decision maker. He threw two balls on the final drive that could have easily been picked.

I’m not butt hurt. Dude just did what he did against San Fran last year. You can’t win a wild card, divisional, NFCCG, and a Super Bowl in a row with that consistency of bad decisions. You act like he needs to correct his picks but that’s just who he is.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. ktex

ktex Member

I expected the loss- not upset about that. I'm upset because in the two games against good teams (Vikings) we've been absolutely destroyed at the LOS. I don't think this is fixable and basically eliminates us from being a contender this year. Depressing.

ROCKSS, J.R. and tmacfor35 like this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Pretty much how I feel.
    Nick Caserio can make a trade and sure up the offensive line. That would start with a LG replacement.

ROCKSS likes this.