1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Every time a modern Democrats tries to pretends they are a 1960's Democrat ect .. ect ...

AroundTheWorld and basso like this.
  2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

lol
    upload_2024-9-18_16-15-14.png

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is he gonna get Epstein'd?

basso likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

1) the delta between Lincoln and modern day pubbies is bigger imo

2) the amount of times pubbies claim valor from Lincoln is significantly more frequently

6. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

"pubbies"

who talks like this?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Political parties morph from generation to generation, so ya, its silly to make comparisons from 150 years ago.

Democrats have lost the union vote and gained the establishment war hawk endorsement (Dick Cheney). Amber Rose is speaking at the RNC. The Republican voter base (religious) fully supports a yesterdays moderate democrat (Trump) who goes against everything they believe.

Parties exist to keep themselves in power. Vote with conviction, not tradition. Or just dont vote at all.

basso likes this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Member

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Who has the union vote?

I mean I understand that a lot of trades craft Union type jobs naturally attract blue collar white skilled laborers who often are raised conservatively but the union organizations themselves are still supporting the Democrat party.

Didn't Elon and Trump brag about dismantling worker strikes?

rocketsjudoka and ROCKSS like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, what is the difference between what FL is doing vs. CA that got Musk to go apeshit crazy over the banning of election deepfakes?

Florida Bill Offers Sweeping AI Deepfake Ban Ahead of 2024 Vote (bloomberglaw.com)

Florida would go further than other states in banning election deepfakes made with artificial intelligence, under legislation introduced Tuesday amid concern over disinformation affecting the 2024 elections.

The bill (SB 850)—which would take effect on July 1—aims to require political campaigns to disclose the use of AI in any “images, video, audio, text and other digital content” used in ads. Violators could face fines.

Gavin Newsom signs laws to crack down on election deepfakes created by AI | AP News

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed three bills Tuesday to crack down on the use of artificial intelligence to create false images or videos in political ads ahead of the 2024 election.

A new law, set to take effect immediately, makes it illegal to create and publish deepfakes related to elections 120 days before Election Day and 60 days thereafter. It also allows courts to stop distribution of the materials and impose civil penalties.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That one was officially not that bad of a joke.

basso likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

These laws scare me. Not because they're censorious or whatever. But because they are a dead canary in the coal mine. Criminalizing deepfakes sounds great in theory but it seems entirely unenforceable. We are already suffering massively under a blizzard of misinformation fueled by the clickbait economy and rage-centric algorithms. But now we are about to be turbof*cked by deepfakes. When nobody can tell what is real, society falls apart. There's a cryptographic solution for this, btw, but we're not ready for it.

ROCKSS, rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Definitely a challenging and dangerous time. This feels like another case of 'the government playing catch-up with reality.

I'm not sure why you believe it's unenforceable. These laws may not be perfect, but they can be refined. Companies like Google and Facebook are already working on embedding signatures to identify AI-generated content. I think we should take it a step further and embed signatures on real content as well. With both systems in place, anything lacking a label could reasonably be assumed as fake or from an untrusted source. Laws can operate within that framework. While I'd prefer platforms to adopt these systems voluntarily, if they don't (and some won't), legislation can step in to mandate compliance.

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Tagging AI content as "AI generated" is not really a workable solution. You're never going to get the whole world to participate consistently in some kind of AI-regulation standard voluntarily.

Tagging non-AI content as authentic is a much more practical solution. More here.

In the future, identity management will all flow through cryptographic proof-of-work networks. Public figures/entities will use it to sign/endorse/authenticate everything they put out, and the average citizen will use it to prove their identity in transactions involving banks, the government, etc.

rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I believe both approaches will be implemented and are both feasible. AI tools may have signatures inherently embedded (which seems to be Facebook and Google's approach), or the responsibility may fall on creators to label their content. Creators will want proof-of-work to protect their own creations. The necessary infrastructure will be in place.

Software signing infrastructure has existed for over a decade and, while optional, most people won't install unsigned software unless they trust the source or know exactly what they're doing. (Many IT systems block unsigned software, and OS disallow installation without explicit user warning and intervention.) I think AI content will follow a similar model, where both AI-generated and original content will need "signatures". Since content can sometimes be a blend of both, the infrastructure will need to support that flexibility.

rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Several unions including many sub groups of the Teamsters have endorsed Harris. Based on endorsements the Democrats still have more of the union vote than Republicans this election.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

AI really worries me and while the solutions you and @DonnyMost sound promising I think there will be actors out there who won’t abide by regulations or ethics regarding AI. I think many will not know or understand things like digital signatures to prove that something is or isn’t AI generated or just won’t bother verifying content in the rush to post things that support their point of view.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

The learning curve for society will be an issue, but it's honestly the only way to solve the problem, so we're all gonna get a crash course in this **** eventually... Probably after some very credible deep fake causes some kind of international crisis.

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is the pace of technology moves very fast and I fear it is faster than society can catch up to.

Given how much disinformation and division we see now I don’t think society has even adapted to social media. Rather than being a unifying technology it’s been one of the most divisive technologies.