1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets new city edition jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Radricky, Sep 18, 2024.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

I like them, they’re simple, clean and an homage to our second chip. They’ll look better once they have numbers and being worn on players.

#41 Rocketeer, Sep 18, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 11:41 AM
  2. prs325

prs325 Member

No one in the org is listening to the fans
    Ketchup and mustard are Rocket colors

3. Big Time Titan

Seriously Fertitta, could this MF be any more plain?! Ross Dress for Less has better jerseys than this. Even La Pulga could make something better than this. Congratulations son you played yaself!

Tuckmose, BigShasta and Little Bit like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good grief. Why do they trot out this stuff? It doesn't do anything for me. The Rockets already have classic colors and they aren't interested.

5. Big Time Titan

Ours are bad but at least they're not the worst.

Raptors and Magic jersey are badass.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good to know they're all pretty awful. Neat.

Damn, "Lakeshow" is just awful.

7. MadMax

MadMax Member

Right? It’s not difficult. Do whatever alternates you want but constantly changing colors is for expansion teams and less than great franchises. There’s a legacy here. These should be the normal unis. Cutesy it up as much as you want with city cheeky uniforms. But damn a back to back championship pedigree is staring you right in the face. It’s not difficult and Houston has made it very clear if laps up nostalgia.

rimrocker and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I got an idea NBA. Fire Nike.

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They have ignored us for years when all the fans have screamed bring by the title winning jerseys even as an alternate.

persian hoopa likes this.
  10. WestendMassive

I know exactly what these jerseys need.

SLEEVES!

BigShasta likes this.
  11. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

Looks like a middle school art fair project. Great if my son does it, terrible if a corporation designs something this bland.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing. They should have used a hometown artist with creativity to come up with a jersey that represents our city. Nothing about that jersey gives me hometown pride. Just H-Town across a jersey is lame. I never even liked that nickname to begin with.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Because they have to create something new every year. It's bullshit and destroying the way this league looks.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

It all went to hell after Nike took over. All these different colors, jerseys, and crap make them money. They make different jerseys for any occasion now. It's gotten to where you hardly know what colors and designs are unique to a team is anymore. They all start looking similar, or completely absurd to the point they hurt your eyes looking at them.

persian hoopa, BigShasta and Entropy like this.
  15. WestendMassive

I'm so relieved to see the NBA is sticking with these abominations

Radricky likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Much better than last year, but still hideous and a good reason not to watch any of it. Gimmicks tournament, hope it is dropped soon.

BMoney and deb4rockets like this.
  17. MadMax

MadMax Member

Man, if only we had a real branding identity to build on OH WAIT! LOL

it’s honestly maddening. From the moment we changed logo and an entire color scheme IMMEDIATELY after going back to back and playing in 4 NBA Finals in a 15 year span, the marketing department has been a group of junior high girls. Forget legacy let’s do shark teeth! hey we drafted a guy from China let’s bring in the Dracula designer to put he spin on Mao!

Pistons did the same thing but took way less time to go, “oh, yeah that’s my bad…we’re the Detroit Pistons”. Time to grow up and lean into legacy.

BMoney, deb4rockets, Rokman and 3 others like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

We have 3 things that work in my opinion, the classic circle logo, ketchup and mustard, and the dunkernot. Putting 2 of the 3 things together and it’s the Rockets.

Radricky likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're on target. It's exasperating. Ownership doesn't have a clue as to what the fans want, in my opinion. How is that even possible?

MadMax likes this.
  20. SuraGotMadHops

No more Dunkstronaut jersey?? Wtf man, this franchise has been screwing up jersey and team designs consistently since 1995.

BMoney and persian hoopa like this.