1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 Astros Draft Pick Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 16, 2024.

1. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

As it stands now, Ramsey (10th) signed for 70,000 underslot which covers Verdugo and Twine. Ryan Smith signed for 10,000 under and Parker Smith signed for 90,000 under. So the Astros have 100,000 plus their 5% to use for Powell, Forcucci and anyone left after the 10th round (McKary?). Not a lot in my opinion, so McKary most likely goes unsigned

Of course this does not account for the contingency bonus which I have no clue about

Snake Diggit and BimaThug like this.
  2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

3 big unknowns:
    Forcucci was in the mix for the first round before his surgery. Theres logic for him requiring significantly over slot to him signing well below slot and everything in between.

Powell was headed to a big time school. Those programs now can pay their players. We know Powell will require over slot, but we don’t really have a good idea of how much overslot until he signs.

Teams used to be able to go 5% over their total bonus pool without penalty. I am not sure if that is still the case under the most recent CBA.

I will be very very surprised if they sign their 20th rounder.

BimaThug likes this.
  3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

4. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

After the Forcucci signing I am not sure we get Powell signed.

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

He better be good.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yikes! I get that he’s a good talent, but dude JUST had Tommy John surgery. If this signing costs them Powell, I’ll be disappointed. Obviously, there’s no way they sign McGary now.