1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. heypartner

heypartner Member

I dare you to Quote Tweet that Sam Amico post on Twitter and say, “Yep, told you so, told you so, TOLD YOU SO !” :eek:

Just beware: there’s nothing new in that “report.” It’s one guy quoting another who’s talking about old news that he previously reported.

Believe It! and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. conquistador#11

With the vague quotes and errbody that was drafted around him getting extended, I do believe Jalen is frustrated AF. He is just going to have to be patient, both him and Alpi. Stone is running this like Baseball GMs manipulate service time, which is annoying to the players. Morey and Stone are the pioneers of doing this in the association right?

NewAge likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Catching up on this thread is always a palate cleanser! Thanks guys!

[​IMG]

Believe It! likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It makes sense for this reason.
    Assuming Jalen is still a Rocket, the first two months of the season might very well define him for some time to come. If he is great, then the Rockets are going to want to keep him. If he is terrible, he will be moved to the bench or traded and his value will plummet.

A few folks around here peg Jalen to make a big leap after his March madness last year. Its not beyond imagination that a GM or two out there may think so also. So its also not beyond imagination that the Rockets receive a good (not great) offer during this off-season. Some team desperate to make a splash, bring in a name and fill some empty seats. So this is why a trade before the season starts seems plausible to me. Doesn't mean it will happen. Doesn't mean he has one bit of value to any team out there. But who knows?

#3724 jim1961, Jul 24, 2024 at 2:33 PM
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2024 at 2:48 PM
  5. MystikArkitect

There is a market for him. He's got that whole "I can fix him" thing going on. If Cade/Mobley/Barnes/Wagner made that money, Jalen can too. His ceiling is higher than all of them. Some desperate team in search of a star will trade good players for him. Just need to find out who that is. Utah/Markannen and Chicago/White are two to watch out for.

It's going to be a contentious summer with Jalen's agents and the Rockets. There's a lot of smoke now and the writing seems to be on the wall. It's heading towards toxic territory if it wasn't there already. But Jalen did himself and the Rockets a huge favor with that March stint.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone you listed is significantly better than Jalen and Jalen has had every opportunity a player could have since he joined the league... he just hasn't been good.

At this point he's a reclamation project like KPJ and teams don't pay much for those.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"Jalen Green sucks he's ruining my team and holds no value"

"We should trade him so that he can go somewhere else and create a splash for another team and sell more tickets for them"

[​IMG]

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't think he sucks, I think he is OK - but we aren't paying an OK player the max, and are asking him to prove himself, he isn't going to want to do that, so it will cause problems.....that is exactly what I said would happen, that he and his team of representatives will not want him to play and the Rox may not want the distraction and he will be traded because ultimately by NOT paying him they have already made up their minds.

DD

9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

So proud of you brother

DaDakota likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

To be clear, I’m being very general. Like when they say Hakeem carried us to a title it’s obviously not just Hakeem. Green didn’t literally do it alone, everyone helped to some extent.

Yes Sengun was there initially.

Easy likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

ok let’s play this game then.

We wouldn’t have our top picks if Green didn’t shoot us down the basement of the NBA the previous two seasons. So then our roster is much weaker and we don’t make the play ins in 2024 anyway.

That’s why what ifs are not useful analysis.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dude just needs to show up and be "that guy" the 1st half of the season.. If not, then he should be moved ... simple as that. All this sports psychology stuff is funny to read and even funnier after considering who posting it ..

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If lonzo is even remotely healthy this is a great trade for us. Lonzo plays exact opposite of Jalen, shoots well, has high bball IQ and plays great defense.

fattz likes this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's part of the delusion, Jalen's both a bust and somebody that another team would spend a max on, so it's good for all involved (basically, it's the same nonsense as "he's definitely gone by the deadline" last season.)

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

With your opinion of Jalen Green. why would the Bulls do this?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They wouldn't, that's why we're stuck with him.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen looks more like fashion model instead of basketball player.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

NBA gms have the same taste in men as you do?

If they do then he's untradable. I guess we are stuck with him.

Sucks for you

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sengun will get the max deal he wanted.

Will Jalen get the same contract? I don't think so. Jalen will be frustrated about it.He possibly can't accept less money.

So I do believe Rockets will trade him.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they will. Just saying I'd take it in a heartbeat.

My opinion on Jalen Green is that he will never reach star potential. He would be a perfect 6th man if he would take less than the max and accept the new role. But since I don't see any way he does that we need to get any return we can for him before he leaves in free agency. I just don't see a Max player. He's definitely an NBA caliber player but disappointing as a number 2 overall pick. If he was drafted with 25th pick peoples opinion on him would be much different. With how cheap Tillman is as an owner we can't afford to miss on our Max contracts. Signing Jalen to a Max could set this franchise back years. If we had the Warriors owner, I'd be all for maxing Green and giving him more time to develop because that guy will 259 million in luxury tax.

NewAge likes this.