1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

I liked him last yr, but agree that his faults showed up in summer league after the first game. The biggest one I could see (other than the lack of consistent shooting) was his handles. Dude cannot dribble. I like how active he is. He’s a good rebounder. Good offensively around the rim. But not a great dribbler or shooter. Try-hard guys are always great for practice, but I wouldn’t be upset either way if he remains on the 2-way. I don’t see him getting on the floor this yr.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Nate Williams is the Rockets Franchise Player

Nah but I'd keep him over AJ Griffin. Not a fan of his game. Lots of standing there. He would've been a perfect fit with Harden's "let me do everything" offense.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think in some of their cases, they're being asked to showcase their offense more because they sure aren't going to do it during the season being at the end of the bench. I think Jackson said they told Griffin (?), I think, to be more aggressive. I think they probably wanted to see how Reed plays if he were asked to be more aggressive.

Easy likes this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I’d dump both those guys after this SL. Neither will ever be more than a total scrub. Was a really bad SL performance where it would be hard to think of two guys to keep other than Cam and Sheppard. Gun to my head and maybe it would be Hinton and NTaye (or Orlando Robinson). Those guys are (barely) better than AJ and Williams.

ramotadab likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Which, I'm assuming, he took as take a step back 3 to your left every possession that you get in the half-court set. Don't drive, don't pass the ball around, just iso ball from the wing and launch one once you're ready to throw up another brick.

He really will only find minutes on upcoming season's team by being a 3 and D guy. Hopefully he works on his footwork defensively cause there's no D after them 3s.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think he probably took it as try to do what they told him to do and then proved he probably can't do it - at least in his current iteration. Just like you don't see Nate Williams lose his marbles on offense in "real" games, but looked like Josh Christopher after a night of binge drinking out there. I'm guessing they're also letting some of these guys try to showcase for a spot on other teams in the future, too, in case they don't make ours.

ramotadab and FLASH21 like this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah I was a little disappointed Hinton and Samuels performed poorly.

Imanimal likes this.
  8. TheBeastSystem

he is very good at

dribbling straight in to 3 defenders