1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Adding Smith really gives that lineup a lot of options. Amen just needs to develop as somebody that can penetrate/create/run PnR with Alpi.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Totally. Jabari would seemingly be the perfect sniper/Battier to glue it all together.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Does

Sengun
    Smith
    Eason
    FVV
    Amen

Not work to start? I get the arguments against it, but I really like a lot of it.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tari needs some time to be eased into the rotation. They will definitely give Jalen a chance to prove himself.

I would start Amen in place of Brooks at the beginning and see how Jalen pans out. No matter, Brooks needs to go. It's just too crowded in the wing positions. He serves no meaningful purpose now.

AroundTheWorld and Hemingway like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Amen cant shoot and is currently playing like how we usually utilize Tari. Sengun can't shoot threes. Space will b jammed in the paint since Eason and amen plus sengun main way to score is via getting closer to the basket.

Relying on fvv and smith to score 3s isn't ideal either. We would have so much issues scoring points consistently, our defense will b strong I think

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think Amen and Sengun already showed they coexist well. Amen just snakes around and if the defense forgets or sells out on Alpe it's a free bucket. I'd like to think too, as heady and steady as FVV is he is genuinely not that effective inside the 3 point line. Amen is a legit threat to put it on your head if you make a misstep so I wonder how that dynamic would change the PnR game. I think it means Alpe has more room to run.

And if either of them shoot above 30% from 3??? Sheesh.

It's such a huge season for Jalen. If he punts it I'll be disappointed, but I'd certainly like to see this lineup either way. I want to see Amen, Tari and Jabari on the floor together really. Feels like the last time was that summer league game where they mopped some poor team away.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm willing to bet that one or both of Amen and Sengun will have worked out their shots by the time training camp starts. My only hope is that Jalen takes a break from humping to work on his.
    Tari looking like a beast btw.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I love Tari. Alpi, Tari, Reed, then Amen are my favourite players.

jbond77, PWR and coachbadlee like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Come on, give us the real highlights!!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Jabari were the sniper I expected him to be, this starting lineup might be workable. If Amen and Tari were reliable jump shooters, it would definitely work. Amen and Tari together would create so much havoc on defense. Team rebounding would also improve.

But it's hard to be successful without enough outside shooting. You gotta punish teams when they jam the paint.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So you're more willing to bet that Amen (8 made 3's in his entire career) or Sengun ( 81 made threes in his career) will have fixed their shot than Jalen (545 made threes in his career?) I really hope you're not a gambling man, or if you are, that your family has another income besides yours.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You're smart. You picked the best players to be your favorite.

17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

Glad to see Tari back out there doing some thangs. Looking forward to having him back in the rotation this coming season. We have a really good young, developing team (now adding Redd in the mix). Gives us fans something to look forward too. I think FVV and D Brooks have and are doing their jobs for us. I think if you talk to the young guys they will have good things to say about those vets. We needed them this past season to grow up a little bit. I think by the end of the year we might be able to move on from them and get a young star in here with their contracts. Let them go chase a ring. Ime will get just want he wanted, a VERY competitive training camp. Whomever is starting and in the rotation will have surely EARNED it. We got talent!

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm excited that Tari looks healthy. Hope he'll be back in his pre-injury form right out of the gate.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I actually personally believe we'd have had a real shot at the playoffs with Tari healthy last year, so I'm super happy he's back.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. Never that. I do have a strange feeling that Jalen doesn't take his craft seriously enough. Just a feeling. IDK, maybe I'm expecting too much from him.

PWR and AroundTheWorld like this.