1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nate Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jul 21, 2024.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What happened to this guy??? He seemed like a possible find last season and royally sucks now. Watching him in summer league has been painful as he’s a huge gun who has no game. Thank goodness we have Sheppard to replace his spot this season.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

at no point did he ever look like a “possible find”

there are dozens of him in the 2nd round of every single NBA draft

3. prs325

prs325 Member

Needs to develop a right hand

4. xiki

xiki Member

and a left jab.

topfive likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to learn Chinese.

ramotadab, topfive, IvanLCPM and 2 others like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

willie jean’s not our brotha he just a scrub who play like he should be gone.. shootin even from 3ft away this kid could not hit don

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'd say we cut bait now. Just don't see it with Nate.

GotGame15, charlieaustin and Imanimal like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He played desperate and out of control in Summer league. He was trying to do way too much to show his value and made himself look bad in the process. He didn't help himself at all.

9. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I saw the same thing.

Hank McDowell, Imanimal and Sooner423 like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

super last resort. he should learn how to speak euro first.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. CDrex

CDrex Member

He's a good energy player and opportunist. It's easy to look good in garbage time when you're an athlete who hustles and can finish. In Summer League, he could just keep doing dirty work and probably keep his G-League spot but he wants to show he's a major leaguer and that means being an on-ball scorer. He's unfortunately not a good on-ball scorer.

johnnydeezy1 likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He did look better last year.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He looked so much worse in SL it makes me wonder if the coaches "turned him loose" like they did Josh Christopher a couple of years ago. I cringed every time the ball found his hands on a fast break because we all knew what was about to happen.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He could have made himself look much better by passing the ball once in a while to guys like Sheppard, but his ego was out of control and he thought he was the Kobe of the team (although Kobe even passed once in a while). He should be cut as soon as possible….don’t like guys who think their superstars and don’t share to give others opportunities.

15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

…..further, our coaching staff was subpar by not showing any discipline. Very poorly coached summer league team who had the talent to be better than 2-3.

16. eman

eman Member

I like the other Nate a lot. Go Coogs!

groovemachine likes this.
  17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thing is, he doesn't play this way on the Rockets. By and large, he does quite well in limited floor time by playing very hard and within his abilities. Why he threw all sense out the door in Vegas remains a mystery.

I agree with you the SL team was pathetically coached, even for SL. I wanted Amen to play but it's best he wasn't a part of that mess.

Imanimal likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He’s an end of bench guy, can fill in spot minutes if injuries or foul trouble happen. Not sure he was ever considered ‘a find’.

ramotadab and daywalker02 like this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I loved the guy last year….just disappointed and was actually excited to see him get a ton of time in the summer league. I admit I was wrong on this one and my apologies for pumping him up last year. I know he’s just a scrub, but did feel last year he was a true “find” and would be a legit backup if given the opportunity. Well now we know and that’s why he’s never been able to make it and is almost 26.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think that's what happened to Josh Christopher and some other guys. They played like they forgot how to play team ball in SL because they tried too hard to impress the coaching staff.

Hank McDowell likes this.