1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TRUMP SHOT -- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Jul 13, 2024.

1. HTM

HTM Member

In 2014 some dude with a knife hopped the white house perimeter fence and made it into the building..

"How CoUlD ThIs HaPpEn" - actually, quite easily.

People have this unrealistic expectation of security/other humans/institutions.

We are human. People make mistakes. I make spelling and grammatical errors all the time in my posts here. People make mistakes in every facet of life including their jobs. These things happen all the time and it just so happens in security they are rarely exposed because people aren't putting pressure on those points at the exact right moment.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Not really.
    Was Alec Baldwin shooting a movie near bye?

3. jo mama

jo mama Member

thats a lie. for example, someone asked me why i thought why trump was a threat to democracy. i replied and never heard back from them. even dumber, after i responded a couple posters said i wouldnt respond.

agree...trump and his MAGA cult are pretty shitty. we have posters here who mocked paul pelosi when he was almost killed and are now saying that calling trump a threat to democracy is what caused the assassination attempt. trump mocked the governor of michigan after the kidnapping plot against her was foiled. after a sitting congressman died trump said he was probably in hell. trump jr posted a bunch of tweets mocking paul pelosi after he was almost killed. pretty shitty, indeed.

trump has spent the better part of a decade inciting, glorifying and cheerleading violence and his supporters have been eating it up.

fchowd0311 and DaDakota like this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The Founding Fathers also expected Congress to expand proportionally to the population. That was changed from the founding and the Constitution. The Electoral College was also different before Jefferson became President.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

the deep state has secret databases and is tracking everyone…keep your 3rd eye open

FrontRunner and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They also wanted us to amend it with the times.

DD

fchowd0311 and Xopher like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Woke people love the supreme leader and Hamas

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

With the news of all the lapses, videos from bystanders of the shooters and other failures, the country dodged a literal bullet...

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, I had one of our esteemed conservative luminaries quote a single sentence from one of my posts on this subject and not engage with anything else. I know I'm dumb for continuing to engage with him for almost 20 years, but I never learn!

jo mama likes this.
  10. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

say you never took high school civics w/o saying you never took high school civics.

11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I stopped around the halfway mark. The man seems very knowledgable about shooting and being a sniper, I will give him that. And I would like to see an investigation as well. But he's absolutely jumping to conclusions and the reporter is doing her goddam job in pushing back and questioning him, asking him to back up his assertions.

That's what journalism looks like. Although... I can't help but believe she and everyone behind the camera knew beforehand what he was going to say and they just do this **** for show.

Xopher likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This is the most logic answer IMO - sometimes our minds find it hard to believe that someone or something so simple can be allowed to happen, so it must be a grand conspiracy at the highest levels. We saw the same thing with JFK and RFK and with MLK and other assassins. The reality is that when people want to do something bad enough, there will eventually be an opening to do it.

It is the same with prison breaks etc.

There is a saying - don't even blame a mastermind for what can be simple negligence.

Having said that - I find it very jarring that we were a half inch from Trump being assassinated. I find it very unnerving that the whole world would have seen it - and I don't trust anyone that doesn't see how that is a problem, regardless of politics. The stability of our Republic was put in jeopardy by a 20 year old gun loving kid that decided he could kill the Presidential nominee.

13. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

the tweet doesn't match the video.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

What I find concerning as well - is that all this has done is feed the conspiracy and "Q" believers and further undermines the government and checks and balances that we all rely on.

15. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They went much, much, much further in their rhetoric than just describing him as power hungry and a bad leader.

Biden literally said he must be put in the bullseye.

No wonder lunatics with no intellectual depth like DD end up wishing death upon Trump. They gobble up the propaganda that Trump is like Hitler. Presumably, so did this kid.

basso and couple of d's like this.
  17. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pointing out your hypocrisy.
    There are other airlines.
    Other ways to break from the grid.
    Different meds.
    You choose to b**** instead of doing anything about it.

Typical rich self loathing individual you are the poster child of a keyboard warrior.

All hat no cattle.

GOATuve and couple of d's like this.
  18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Trump was never a threat to democracy and never will be. It's time to end that lie libs.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

If Biden approved it, it’s legal.

But instead it was a conservative 20 year old outcast who probably decided to take out Trump for raping a 13 year old on Epsteins Pedo Island.

20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

My ass he was conservative. Did you ever think maybe just maybe he registered as a republican to gain access his schedule and appearances?

AroundTheWorld likes this.