1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets - Vegas Summer League 7/15/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 15, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Pistons were on 3 days rest and Rockets played their 3rd game in 4 nights. I really wish that had sat Reed and Cam.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

98.8% wtf? Can we get him on a 2-way? He's got the same tunnel vision as Cam but he can actually score lol.

Stephen_A likes this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

@J.R. I tip my hat to anybody can watch that broadcast. I spent about 15 minutes watching those three guys talk and threw the towel in. What a ruination of American television technology that can bring basketball straight into your living domicile, intercepted and interfered with by three guys playing Xbox, checking their phones, and noticing the game once every five minutes or so.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I actually think Reed played well until he started missing open mid range in the 4th.

One thing is for sure, he does lack some atheleticism and size to get separation. He's better at playing really controlled style of basketball, but you cant just give him the ball and ask him to takeover, he doesn't really have that many tools to brute force a basket.

raining threes and ramotadab like this.
  6. Amel

Amel Member

He just turned 20

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

that's why we pay Jalen Green the big bucks :cool:

Salvy and raining threes like this.
  8. PeppermintCandy

I personally like that they played this game. Fatigue and back-to-backs are going to be a big factor in the regular season. It's a good opportunity for them to try and put up shots when they're not at 100%.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not an overreaction at all considering how inconsistent he played last year down the stretch. I mentioned in detail his deficiencies as the man doesn’t play team ball. This is something worth monitoring.

10. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Overall who cares.

Buncha young guys (some millionaires) in Vegas… they were probably out having a good time and were tired..

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Was he tired in all the other games too? He averaged 11% from 3 in those two games. If you're not going to compete, why bother showing up?

Stephen_A likes this.
  12. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

I wouldn’t think much of it. First two games were fun and we gotta decent look at Reed and Cam was just dunking left and right. I’m not understanding why these guys are still playing SL. Time to shut it down and enjoy summer.

Cheers

13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2024-7-15_18-44-17.gif

Stephen_A, Salvy, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  14. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

A step back 3 will do wonders. Often times he just takes a contested mid range. Granted he makes it at a good rate. But a step back 3 can give him more separation. Plus, haven’t we been told 3 pointers are more efficient shots? Plus plus, isn’t 3 pointer his calling card?

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Tbh, on the real roster do you see Reed having to take many step back middies? I think it's more likely he gets the wide open shots created when Sengun/Green collapse the D, at least early on. He definitely can do the stepbacks though, I've seen him do it both sides.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. raining threes

True

It's also a good thing Green and FVV will be able to play more mins in those situations.

PeppermintCandy likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lol

18. raining threes

Reed will get a lot of the same looks FVV gets.

douglasreedy1 and Dobbizzle like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Exactly, so how many times do you see FVV doing stepbacks and fadeaways in the midrange? It's a lot less frequent than his more typical shots.

raining threes likes this.
  20. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

I think early on when nobody takes the rookie seriously, he will get many open shots. But after they learn their lessons, defense will stay close to him. NBA teams aren’t stupid. Well, most of them aren’t.

I don’t doubt he can do the step back. I just wish he did it more often in the games.

Dobbizzle likes this.