1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enjoy the next 5 years fellas. It's about to be special.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Time is fleeting and best not get caught up in the future. We won't be able to keep everyone from the Core 7 so let's appreciate the time we have now because it really looks like it can be special.

Mr.Scary, PWR, Tfor3 and 18 others like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

in b4 players of the core 7 start to get traded.

5. Chayvan

Chayvan Member

This year we will see if we are going to enjoy the next 5 years. If everything clicks well this year and we go for 55 wins then yes, Houston has become a powerhouse. If not, we will need to make some risky decisions end of this year and can end up pretty bad

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Lineups I'm excited to see:

Reed/Jalen/Cam/Tari/Adams (PnR Death)
    Reed/Cam/Amen/Jabari/Sengun (Sengun High Post with Cutting Actions)
    FVV/Brooks/Amen/Tari/Jabari (All Dawg Lineup)

so many fun options!

7. Good Times

Good Times Member

The new magnificent 7, if this core stays together and healthy we should be contending for the next decade.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Have to cash on it. . . . remember almost does not count in Rocket Land . .. . no excuses. . no reasons
    nothing .. . win or not win . . that is all in Rocket land

Rocket River

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m not a baseball guy so I’m not sure if this comp is apt but did the Rockets just pull an Astros by building a dynasty through the draft?

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't mean to rain on the parade here but I'm still hesitant on celebrating our success just yet. I think it is undeniable that we have drafted a bunch of good or even great players. But sadly, in the NBA, it doesn't really matter unless you find a legit superstar. A guy that can go toe to toe with the NBAs best. We could have 5 above average starters and a strong bench but we aren't going anywhere as a team unless we have that dude. One of our guys has to ascend. I just really hope one of them does.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Celtics won with a bunch of 2nd tier guys so there is hope. Nobody considers Tatum or Brown a legit superstar/mvp candidate.

The biggest concern isnt on the Rox tbh it's OKC. They have a big 3, solid supporting cast and a bajillion picks to fill any holes. Hard to see anybody beating them.

persian hoopa, Slim and AlperenSengun like this.
  12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Not only the next five years. We’re pretty flush with draft capital through 2031, which will be critical a post-apron world.

xaos likes this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

14. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I gotta disagree, I definitely think Tatum is in that tier. He's been first team all-nba three years in a row. Maybe I just have a wider definition than you, but I am very comfortable calling Tatum a legit superstar.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes but Tatum’s 3rd season was no better than Sengun’s 3rd season imo.

Jaylen Brown and Tatum’s 4th seasons are reasonable targets for our young guys.

The new apron rules are going to make roster balance more prominent imo. I think we’re designed well for our era.

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They should sign us up for the special Olympics, that’s how special were about to get

htownrox1 and Rocketeer like this.
  18. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I'm with you there, and for the record, I am optimistic about our future. I'm just saying we're not there yet. It looks like we are on track to get there, but it's not a guarantee. We may end up with 2 or 3 or even 4 all stars, but if we have zero all NBA players, there's only one team that's ever won a championship that way in the past 50ish years. I'm not confident in that formula. In addition to our great drafting job, we still need at least one guy to reach that top level, and IMO we've got 3 (or 4 if you want to count the complete uncertainty of Sheppard) guys that have a reasonable chance of getting there.

Mathloom likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone of us should feel special at some point in life.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's all about 5-6 years of Playoff failure and learning from it as young group.

Winning it on your 2nd or 3rd try has a chance of 0.00001 of happening.