1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire AJ Griffin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jun 27, 2024.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Bro - no one cares if he is religious.

The problem is when he starts thinking pop stars are worshipping Satan and there are warlocks around every corner trying to lead Satan’s crusade.

At that point, educated and well balanced and healthy adults will conclude he is mentally ill and at some point they don’t want to hear about it or deal with it.

If Griffin wants to go walk the streets with Mark Jackson and those roided out guys that tore phone books for Christ, that is his right. As long as he isn’t hurting anyone, he can have and express his opinion - but when he gets called insane, that comes with the territory.

YaoMac09, OremLK, BMoney and 15 others like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think you're touching on a very important subject for this era. Paranoia is a tool to be used in a climax situation when danger is imminent and you need all 5 of your senses heightened. Classic example being there's a lion in the bush targeting you. Sustained paranoia however is poison for our brain, it eats out neurons and ultimately leads to mental or neural issues. This is becoming rampant because, well, it's highly profitable for marketers and content creators and spiritual teachers to trigger your paranoia.

It's just not good for HIM above all else. He won't function well in life that way and it's no surprise he seemed to suffer from this kind of extreme moodiness. The body fights back when you keep it in sustained state of paranoia and demands a radical pendulum swing towards euphoria to attempt to balance itself out. You'll find that such people have very inconsistent motivation.

However I will say there's a difference between a person who is just creating that world for themselves and a person who's undergoing a period of recovery from recent trauma. Griffin may just be going through an unfortunate phase and what he needs is a sense of belonging/value to a group along with some tentpole figures in his life to act as a compass for him temporarily while he re-conditions himself to see the big picture of what's going on in the world. Perhaps our team culture and our HC (and a therapist of course) can ease Griffin out of this state. Fingers crossed.

Fullcourt and palmsnbananas like this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Utah is Satan. And God wants you on the court.

Fullcourt, duluth111222 and NewAge like this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Based.
    We'll be equipped against witchcraft, at least

Fullcourt and Roomba like this.
  5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Insane meaning AJ the person himself

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

He has all the tools to be a pretty good 3&D wing and he is probably younger than some of the prospects in this years draft. I don't know, why he had such a bad season after his pretty good rookie season - if its about character, work ethic, team fit or something else. But I don't think we had any interest of actually playing a rookie taking 44th overall. I don't know if there were any good euro stash guys out there in that range, but overall I think this is a way better use of that pick. Worst case scenario we lost a 2nd rounder for nothing. Best case scenario: he can be a valuable 3&D player for us.

vince likes this.
  7. VoR

VoR Member

Udoka will polish him into a gem.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I have no problem if he's religious, he can worship whatever imaginary omnipotent being he desires, as long as he can play the game see cj stroud. The problem with most religious folks is that they take it to the next level and try to force their belief on u. Hopefully he keeps it to himself and just ball instead of preaching his beliefs to others.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  9. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

Aside from the off court stuff it should be noted that he looks very athletic in testing but in his rookie year he rebounded poorly and basically did nothing else, to the point where They were playing Gary Bird over him after the coaching changes just to get more activity out there :eek:

he’s very deliberate in general, while the shooting numbers year one was good it wasn’t on the type of shots you’d think you’re getting from this type of player ( quick trigger c&s)

So the expectation should be more tempered at least, especially when combined with off court and health stuff

but certainly there’s a hope it works out

10. CVcrew

CVcrew Member

Worship Jesus and pronounce your faith good! Call out satan equals bad! I mean wtf? Some of y’all on this board definitely need more Jesus in your life! We all do!

Can anything and everything be considered extremism? Sure! Am I struggling to see the parallel between Beyoncé and Satan? Yes, but admittedly I’m the last person who is going to be a Beyoncé fan so what do I care. However, if that lone tweet is what people are calling him “crazy” for, it’s a sad world we live in today. Cant say I see him as Kyrie either. Funny though seeing how some of the things Kyrie was out spoken about, he was right. IIRC Jonathan Issac was once being flamed on this board also for being out spoken yet we still have posters touting how good he would be on this team. You can put me in that category. Let’s add his crazy also.

You do you AJ! I assure you us keyboard warriors got more important personal issues of our own to address! At 44 I wanted a project, a swing for the fences pick. Looks like we got just that. Heck if all he is, is the floor that some were touting as success for Reed, a sixth man who can shoot, we did well!

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Buddy you even went so far as to suggest we should solicit 2nd round picks for Jalen Green!! All that for :checks notes: AJ Griffin??? What a strange hill to die on.

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We may have trouble with wizardry, though…

Better prepare some warding spells

13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Jesus wouldn’t be going around proclaiming Beyoncé is the devil and that the world is flat bc Jesus wasn’t a dumbass. And Kyrie was right about what? That Africans are the real semites? Palestinians are semites but not so much kyrie

Sounds like you have no clue what you’re talking about but you think you’re really smart. Plague of the world these days

BMoney likes this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Member

15. j@amc

j@amc Member

I didn't see these Hawk highlights posted anywhere in the thread. Griffin can create his shot off the dribble. He's got a nice feel on that end of the court. Very smooth with the ball, able to absorb some contact, and he's developed a few moves that get him to simple free throw line pull-up shots.

There are few reports that his last stint in the G-league helped his D. That's good news since his tape at Duke showed terrible fundamentals on that end of the court. I remember seeing those during the draft cycle. Ugly stuff.

If there was ever a young forward who needed a fresh start, it's Griffin. With Riscacher set to join the Hawks, he would never play.

16. ilias

ilias Member

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This is the type of nonsense I was talking about. We do not all need Jesus in our life. U can believe in whatever u want but don't push your sht upon others.

Imagine in a locker room and u have a player saying this sht. Bro u need Jesus in your life we all do, every single day. I hope this man can just keep it to himself and just play ball otherwise he's gonna b a distraction.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don’t think he makes it on the roster on opening night. Probably will be sent to the g league until he’s eventually waived

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Whats crazy to me is that this "Project 2025" is about to FORCE everyone to be a Christian in this country if the magas get their way. Christians went from asking for tolerance to enacting totalitarianism overnight. Even crazier is that their chosen leader has broken every single Christian construct in the Bible from the 10 commandments to the Beatitudes of Jesus!

What a time to be alive.

DreamQuake likes this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

Yeah, I guess sarcasm doesn't exist for you...