1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Need To Take Zach Edey In Draft!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 22, 2024.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Great pick by the Griz. They will be much happier than Portland in the long run. Edey will be a MUCH better player than Clingan. If Edey had Clingan's amazing PR team he probably would have went #1.

3. BreakYoSelfFool

So, Zach Edey dominated every big man he went up against the same as he did Clingan. Zach Edey will be a force. There are less than 5 guys that can handle his size and strength inside, and probably none of them can match his motor. He will be a foul drawing machine. Similar to Yao and Shaq, but with more stamina. He may not have as much foot speed, but he has the stamina to run up the court every time and because of that will beat the other bigs more often than not. Not to mention how tiring it will be to try and hold this 300 lb beast while avoiding getting bulldozed or fouled out.

How many players in the NBA will want to switch to Edey on a pick and roll? Lob city or barbecue chicken

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I’ll be watching the Griz for nostalgia’s sake. Ja + Edey + Bane + JJJ is as close to Franchise + Yao + Cuttino + Griffin as it gets.

harold bingo likes this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Wish he would’ve gone to the Eastern Conference. This pick makes the Grizzlies the easy favorite to come out of the West next year. Minus an injury, they are the new dominant team like the Warriors were a few years back.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

biggest green flag for edey is he chose to stay home vs going to green room. Dude isnt about the lights and fame , just a normal dude ... that is huge. Joe Thomas vibes.

I think hes going to be the best player in the draft. With Castle and Holland also having chances

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Or... since most mock drafts had him going mid-to-late first round, he was scared to death of having a Rashard Lewis-like slide down to the bottom and wanted to avoid being on camera for it.

roslolian and cml750 like this.
  8. nejyh

nejyh Member

To get Edey, I was proposing the kind of package The Wolves used to get the n°8 pick from the Spurs.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

dude had a near 40 point game in the National championship. I don’t think he’s scared of the lights

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lights is different from sliding down to 2nd round ala Bolbol

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I never saw the hype with Clingan and Sarr guys who can defend but can't score are role players and a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Edey is like a poor man's version of Yao Ming but his height, length and mass make him a force on the court. People said he was too slow but his draft combine results weren't bad at all.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Edgey > Sengun

14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Stop it lol