1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Suns picks, return Nets picks to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think its guaranteed lotto, but prob low lotto as Nets still hampered by Simmons in 2025. However the 2026 swap would most likely not be a lotto as Joe Tsai would flip if the Nets have to give 3 lotto picks to the Rockets for nothing.

I'm sure if no trade happened Joe Tsai is opening the checkbook and signing free agents left and right to be competitive. Simmons is expiring then as well and could be flipped.

The people assuming incorrectly are the same ones who thought sending Harden to Nets was a bad idea. If somebody necros any of the Harden trade reaction threads back then you will see a lot of familiar names complaining about the move and calling Stone stupid etc.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  2. megastahr

megastahr Member

100% you are 100% correct

the 25 swap was worth more than every asset we got

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Hahaha Windy got a slap on his chubby face live lol

FLASH21, Phillyrocket and Plowman like this.
  4. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

They'd also have Ben Simmons $40 million expiring to move for pieces and the cap room to signs 1-2 more rotational pieces. The off-season for a Nets team that does not have their own pick would look very different from the off-season of the team that will have it

There will be 5-8 teams actively tanking to get Cooper Flagg or one of the other top prospects this season. There's not a lot of reason to believe that a Nets team actively trying to win would out tank those teams

Icehouse likes this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

The nets are going to be at the bottom of the east for the forseeable future at least for the next couple of years which makes those picks more valuable but we gave them right back to the nets. We are basically gambling on 2027 and 2029 draft picks, just because we got back extra doesn't mean its better automatically. At this point we know next couple years picks from BKN would've been high draft picks

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Booker and Nalen won’t work together. The same way Booker and Beal don’t work together. . It would be foolish to pay both Jalen and Booker so that means you move on from Jalen

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why you still can't get the Nets got their picks back before they traded Bridges?

Like put yourself in Sean Marks shoes. Why would you blow it up just to give the Rockets a top pick for no reason? Can you explain why somebody will be that stupid?

Like would Sean Marks go to Joe Tsai and say "Hey boss lets tank and give the Rockets top lotto picks just for kicks!"? Just stop yourself and think why Nets would do self sabotage for no reason.

dmoneybangbang and theDude like this.
  8. Amel

Amel Member

Yes Jalen will be included in the trade..

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I’m still confused by this trade.

But the above SAS quote makes sense, I don’t see us grabbing old expensive guys like Durant, even though he might have Abdul-Jabbar-type longevity.

Booker will be 28 next season and entering his prime athletic years. Makes much more sense with our youthful core. And even more sense if we can unload Jalen, who probably wont ever reach Booker heights.

10. Landry's Tooth

Fair point, we didn't give up all Brooklyn assets.

Imagine the warriors when they wasted that pick on Wiseman. Imagine getting 2 bites at the apple with a loaded roster and contending in 3 years.

roslolian likes this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

I'd rather have Sengun than Booker. Higher upside in my opinion.

I like Booker but he's a fringe allstar. Sengun has been on par with young Jokic.

roslolian likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I hope the Rox just give this team time to grow. They are a bunch if 21 yr olds seems stupid to trade them before you see what they are capable of.

Even Reed Sheppard, even if he is 6'1.75 with 6'3 wingspan he could be the best shooter since Steph Curry. I'd like to see him (or Risacher or Devin Carter) play with the team first before any trades go down.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Damnit Morey…

14. heypartner

heypartner Member

Why would Sean Marks decline this same offer in January, then come back now and say he’s ready?

Wouldn’t it be prudent to consider that he’s coming back because maybe he’s ready to tank?

megastahr likes this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

Not sure how one should be feeling about that.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I take back everything I said if we land Booker

The odds are that doesn't happen though

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Someone needs to save Stone from himself. To this point he has gotten very lucky that other gm's have been dumb and turned down his bad trade ideas but sooner or later he will find one thats not stupid and they will take full advantage of how bad he is at trading.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The silver lining here is that Windhorst and Stephen A are two of the biggest bullshitters in the industry, all we can do is hope they made this stuff up for TV ratings and it has no basis in reality

Shark44 likes this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

lol calm down

20. Landry's Tooth

Here's my offer for Booker:

Green
    Whitmore
    Tate
    Landale (cut)
    Uncle Jeff (cut)
    2 pick swaps
    1 suns pick

I think that's reasonable. Control of their next 3 drafts, 2 young players to develop, and a solid rotation player.

Thompson / FVV
    Booker / Reed
    Eason / Brooks
    Jabari
    Sengun /Adams

Maybe pickup a backup 4 in second round...

FLASH21, Y2JT and theDude like this.