1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Robert Egger’s Nosferatu

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

NOSFERATU First Official Look Features Lilly-Rose Depp As Ellen Hutter
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Empire Magazine, we finally have a first official look at Robert Eggers' highly-anticipated remake of horror classic, Nosferatu, featuring Lilly-Rose Depp's character Ellen Sutter...
    News
    By MarkCassidy - Nov 20, 2023 03:11 PM EST
    Filed Under: Horror
    Source: Via FearHQ
    We finally have a first look at Robert Eggers' Nosferatu remake!

The Northman director's highly-anticipated remake of the classic vampire tale came very close to being shelved, but despite some major setbacks, the filmmaker forged ahead with his vision for the movie, and the first official still has now been released online via Empire Magazine.

The image spotlights Lilly-Rose Depp as Ellen Hutter, the wife of Nicholas Hoult’s estate agent Thomas, who has fallen under the spell of the titular vampire Count Orlok, played by Pennywise actor Bill Skarsgård.

“I’ll say that Bill has so transformed, I’m fearful that he might not get the credit that he deserves because he’s just… he’s not there,” Eggers tells the site.

Only the shadow of Orlock's hand appears in the still, but Eggers did give us some idea of what this new take on the bloodthirsty Count will look like.

“He felt like honouring who had come before him. It’s all very subtle. But I think the main thing is that he’s even more a folk vampire. In my opinion he looks like a dead Transylvanian nobleman, and in a way that we’ve never actually seen what an actual dead Transylvanian nobleman would look like and be dressed like.”

Eggers also made it very clear that Nosferatu will be a full-on horror movie (there were rumors that he planned to take the story in a more romantic/dramatic direction).

“Yeah, it’s a scary film. It’s a horror movie. It’s a Gothic horror movie,” he assures. “And I do think that there hasn’t been an old-school Gothic movie that’s actually scary in a while. And I think that the majority of audiences will find this one to be the case.”

Check out the image at the link below, and let us know what you think in the comments section.

The movie also stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Friedrich Harding, Emma Corrin as Anna Harding, Willem Dafoe as Professor Albin Eberhart Von Franz, Simon McBurney as Herr Knock, and Ralph Ineson as Dr. Wilhelm Sievers.

F.W. Murnau directed the original 1922 classic, while Werner Herzog helmed a rather bizarre 1979 remake. The story is loosely based on Bram Stoker's Dracula, but there are several key differences.

"Nosferatu tells a gothic tale of obsession between a haunted young woman in 19th century Germany and the ancient Transylvanian vampire who stalks her, bringing untold horror with him."

Nosferatu hasn't been given an exact release date, but should be with us at some point next year.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

@B-Bob how was the original one when it first came out in theaters?

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You know, it was a little disappointing. I watched it projected onto the side of an old barn. The moving pictures were kinda neat, I guess, but we let the local butcher run the handcrank to advance the frames and he wasn't cranking it at a constant speed, so the vampyre thing looked lurchy and drunk. Then it wasn't scary because there was a restless cow in there mooing all night and my cousin was (badly) practicing his banjo picking.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

First Trailer has bee released.....

Entropy, ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Shadow of the Vampire, a mock documentary about making the original Nosferatu, is a fun watch.

Looking forward to this. Also Longlegs.

B-Bob and GRENDEL like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Jontro, ROCKSS and RunninRaven like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I was expecting Adam Silver

Xerobull, B-Bob, JumpMan and 2 others like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

there's already a thread about this. time to merge.

10. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Wish my name was Egger

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

dope. then we can call you eggsy

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I hate really dark movies--and I use the word in a literal sense. They are hard to watch when everything is shadows and two-thirds of the screen is just black. It's ten times worse when the actors only talk in whispers.

If I watch this it will be at home where I can turn on closed captioning.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Who is this? It’s also broad daylight. She a daywalker?

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The original Nosferatu was really cool and Willem Dafoe and Bill Skarsgard give me hope for this remake.

That trailer makes me think it's a miss.

16. Xerobull

Supporting Member

Honestly it looks a lot like the Dracula with Gary Old Man and Neo

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They are called Dog the Bounty Hunter, by some, Congresswoman, by others.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

There are a handful of shots that echo the original film but there's definitely a Bram Stoker's Dracula feel to it all.

Really looking forward to this, I've enjoyed all of Egger's film thus far....

19. Xerobull

Supporting Member

I am so confused.

20. Buck Turgidson

I got confused enough to hit up google, it's Nicole Eggert.