1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nah - I bet they had the pick exchange lined up with Houston before pulling the trigger on the Bridges deal.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Agent94

Agent94 Member

They had to have done the Rockets deal first. No way the Rockets accept after they trade Bridges. Stone got robbed.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

Not really interested in KD for a ton of picks

Rudyc281 and DrNuegebauer like this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Imagine that - Stone checks his twitter after hanging up the phone

"wait - WHAT???"

clutchdabear, jch1911 and Agent94 like this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I.snorted.

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

What about Booker? It would be crazy.... but

Dobbizzle and xaos like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

No doubt!

8. xaos

xaos Member

But I doubt they'll do that

jch1911 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@Corrosion .....o_O

Corrosion likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is inaccurate because they gave two picks and two swaps to us. But they certainly ended up with a haul none the less.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I’m here to voluntarily eat crow. I never thought there would be a team so stupid to trade this many picks for Bridges.

I’m glad it’s not us and I’m glad Knicks have taken themselves out of contention for the title. They were a danger to be a serious long term contender. Now they’re just Brunson, 3 shooters and a rim runner. They were doing so well lol I can’t believe no one in the organization had the brain cells to stop this.

evo8lover and Tuckmose like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Knicks caught up in the Nova narrative. Still think Boston will be superior

Mathloom likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

1000% Boston is better and New York has no avenue to upgrade. New York is the blueprint for everything we shouldn’t do. Find one star then hardcap ourselves with expensive role players.

#1114 Mathloom, Jun 26, 2024 at 2:41 AM
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 9:09 AM
    Tuckmose, Dobbizzle and theDude like this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Knicks need some depth. I wonder can we swindle Og away from the minding and trade for our expiring options(Green, Tate, Aussie and a Phoenix pick, can even throw in Dillon Brooks to avoid the LTS thread)

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This Knicks move seems strange to me, too. It's not like they are a team looking for a final piece. They've only got Brunson guaranteed for one year (though I fully expect him to sign a max deal soon). But now it looks like they won't be able to keep Hartenstein and maybe not Anunoby, either. There is also talk of trading Julius Randle. That is a team that, while good, is still in flux, and they just handcuffed themselves for Mikal Bridges? They must be hoping to get a ton of marketing mileage out of the whole "putting the band back together" angle.

jch1911, Mathloom and vince like this.
  17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I just can’t believe they finally had their sh*t together and flushed 5 picks down the drain. CLASSIC Thibs move, being on board with gutting his assets before he’s one piece away.

They won’t lose OG because they are proper-f*cked for 5 years if they lose him, they’ll match any offer even up to max now to at least remain on a Cavs type of level (ECF contenders).

On the bright side our fanbase is about to learn exactly why we shouldn’t get rid of Jalen Green and put a heavy burden on Sengun. One guy who can collapse the defense surrounded by shooters and lob threats is a dead end - even if the shooting is league-best. The only exception to that is if the shooting is historically elite (Curry/Klay).

You need 2 or 3 guys on a roster who can collapse the defense and those are the most expensive guys in the NBA. If there’s a 10% chance Green can be that and we have team control over next contract, we want to take that chance.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think fans need to give up this narrative that trading a bunch of picks is a death sentence. We've seen multiple times that a team can always pivot and trade away their star to recoup picks they lost if it doesn't work out. If you stay good the picks all suck and nobody cares.

Stars will always be in extremely heavy demand, and role players can be acquired on the cheap if you are a contender.

raining threes and theDude like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Since you mentioned "classic Thibs move," another would be running his players into the ground. New York is an awesome place (to visit, anyway), but I don't know if as a player I'd love the idea of playing 40 mpg regular season, 48 mpg in the playoffs.

Mathloom likes this.
  20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

James Dolan is / was in a band...

[​IMG]

theDude likes this.