1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Houston Rockets options with the #3 pick of the 2024 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 21, 2024.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I would agree. He has great vision and can be an awesome complimentary passer from the wing position. Love his grit on the boards and his tenacity on defense. His whole offensive package in terms of creation is a work in progress. Right now he's a finisher and second chance/putback guy on offense.

saleem likes this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There isn't a player in this draft I'd want to pick as high as 3 because I'm not sure that any of them are ready to make an impact as a starter on a good team. I'd say there are some guys who could fill a need as a niche player right away, but if someone wants to overpay for pick 3 in this draft you should definitely take it. To that end, if they keep the pick I'd like them to take Sheppard for his shooting. Not a doubt in my mind that it's legit, but, again, drafting for a specialized need at pick 3 seems high to me, plus I don't think Sheppard is an Udoka type player anyway. For that reason, I'm pretty convinced they won't be keeping pick 3. I'll be shocked if they don't trade it.

lakersuck2 and pippendagimp like this.
  3. Yetti

Yetti Member

4. Yetti

Yetti Member

5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

If Sarr to the Hawks isn't going to happen, and Atlanta goes after Clingan...why not look for a trade between picks 1 and 3?
    If the price is not too high, and if the Rockets have high interest in Sarr or Risacher, I think it would be the best alternative.

6. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Unfortunately, I don't think any team is overspending for the 3rd pick. Rockets would practically be giving it away only to possibly unload one of their players along with it for pretty much "trash" back. Rockets will pick #3.

saleem likes this.
  7. ch44

ch44 Member

I think there is a good chance we trade down, pick up an extra future 1st or so, and still draft a player we have ranked in the same tier. I wouldnt be surprised if we move back closer to the end of the lottery.

I wouldn't expect anything that would blow up the core until the trade deadline.

8. comrade

comrade Member

Back of lottery prospects I really like for us (In order of preference) are DaRon Holmes II, Jared McCain, and Ryan Dunn

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sheppard dream is dead @Bobbythegreat @cmoak1982

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There was always a high chance that Stone would screw things up... it's just how it goes when you don't have a competent GM.

I still think we should wait till he screws it up though.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Do you know who they have in those tiers?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's Topic time.

cheke64 likes this.
  14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Can hardly blame them because the draft is of great value at around 8-18 range. If they are especially high on someone there, it’s rational to garner future pick(s) while maintaining a quality draft.

I think if Clingan is at 3 we will trade down. Otherwise it’s more likely than not that we make the pick and more likely than not that we pick Sheppard. ATL holds all the cards.

If we trade down, I hope it’s one of Carter/Buzelis/Williams/Carrington/Salaun/Ware. I still suspect they like Salaun because that’s the one they went to France to scout in the first place at around draft lottery.

Carrington is a sneaky good pick that is still flying under the radar now.

#115 yixiixiy, Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

If Sarr falls to the Rockets and they draft him id sincerely be worried about Jabari's future on the squad if Sarr doesn't bust. Because the franchise ain't going to chose Bari over Sengun to have next Sarr.

But I don't think the front office would want to move on from Jabari. So even if Sarr is available I still think the Rockets draft Sheppard. With Sheppard you aren't really stepping on the toes of any of the young guys unless you believe for certain Amen is the future pg of the team rather than a wing.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari will move to SF, which is where he should be. Thus having a frontcourt of; 6'11 Jabari and 7ft Sarr to pair with 6'10 Sengun.

This will give the frontcourt more athleticism next to Sengun. I said this before, if Sarr is there, you have to take him. I woukd consider trading up for him.

csnerd84 likes this.
  18. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

So, I have an opportunity to go to the NBA draft at the Barclay Center. Anyone here gone before and is it worth it?

comrade likes this.
  19. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Imagine Sarr and Wemby battling it out, allowing Sengun free reign.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

awesome man! Thank the Nets fans for our pick ;)

1 other person likes this.